Chapter 19

Me and Damian walk to Dai and Botan. Somehow I feel much safer now I'm closer to them. It was clear that everyone judges Zyrian. But how could you not? He is the most feared villian, killed tons of innocent people and the aura around him feels already unsafe. Damians hands still holds my shoulders and I quite like the feeling of protection. Zyrian walks away, back to his own throne next to his little brother.

"(Name), let's go for a walk", says Botan and be both leave the party. We walk into an empty hallway. "Remember what I told you about the portal?" he asks. "You've told me much about it, it's hard to say what you mean exactly", I reply. "Tomorrow starts the simulation game. If the portal opens while the game hasn't started yet, we can get you safe to it. Just go to the garden behind the back. Dai will take you there because I will need to attend the preparations", he explains. "And if not?" Botan stops walking and shows me a hologram of the city. "If the game already begin we go to this building", he points at one of the building of Herian city. It's a replica of the normal city but then without people that could get hurt. "There is a jatpack here. Dai will explain how it works and you can fly yourself at the portal", he answers. "Botan... what is this game exactly? I forgot..." Botan gives me a soft smile. "There are two games, one of heroes and one of villians. The heroes will start first. It's actually pretty easy. You fight each other in the simulation, you have to get a special stone and retrieve it to the replica temple. If you did that you win." "Can they kill you?", I ask out of curiousity. "Yes. But if you get killed you just wake back up in the real world, no problem." "And what if I get killed before the portal even appeared?" Botan stays quiet. "Then, (name)-san. I'm afraid you have to stay a month longer."

I nod my head in understading and walk back to the party. After all, the dance was just the beginning. The food comes afterwards.

I am the party again. Everyone is back to normal, no pressure anymore from the situation ealier. Now everyone is just talking to eachother like nothing happened. I spot Zyrian nowhere. Before I can take somthing to eat, somoene taps my shoulder. I turn around to see Déclan. "Hey, I came to apologize", he says. "For what?", I ask. "My brother's behavior. He isn't good with confronting people", he says. I giggle a little. "I saw it", I answer. "He didn't scare you, did he?" "Just a little bit", I say. Déclans looks sad on to the ground. "Is somthing wrong?", I ask. "It's just... you leave tommorow, don't you?" he asks. I'm suprised he knows. But if Zyrian knew it would only make sens he does too. "Yeah", I finally answer. Déclan embraces me in a hug. I lean my head on his muscular chest. His chin rest on the top of my head. "Good luck, (name)", he says. Suddenly he plants a kiss on my hair. I'm suprised.

Did he just give me kiss? Is it my imagination?

"Be careful tomorrow", he adds before he leaves. I can't help but blush. I can still feel his kiss on my head. "What did he want?", asks Barak. I hear a hint of jealousy in his voice, making me chuckle softly. "He just came to apologize for his brother", I reply not mentioning the other stuff. "(Name), are you hiding something from me?", he asks. "N-no... why?" "You've been acting... I don't know. Your aura is different, more sad", he says. "Oh don't worry about me, Barak. I will be okay. But not gonna lie... I will miss you", I say. Barak looks at me confused but then gives me a little smile. "O-Okay? We see each ohter again tomorrow though", he says. "I know. But I wanted to say a proper goodbye." "'Goodbye'?! Are you leaving?" he asks shocked. "Yes. Tomorrow I leave", I say. The smile drops off my lips but I try to give a happier face. "But the day after tomorrow is a big celebration! It's one of the best times of whole game", he reasons. "I wish, I could be there but I can't." Barak gives me a sad face. "In that case..." His face changes into a flirty grin. "You owe me a dance", he says and holds out his hand. I take his hand and Barak leads me to the dance floor. There is soft slow music. "I don't know how the dance", I chuckle embarrased. "Time to learn then, don't you think?"

He lies hands on my waist and pulls me against his musculed body. "You have to put your hands around my shoulder", he explains. I do as he says and we slowly dance with the music. Swinging softly from right to left. I relax in the position and lean my body against him. He does the same. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment.

I could never have this in my world. Boys are mostly to stupid for something romantic. Only just a few that are hard to find. And no guys like me, they thought I'm ugly probably.

Damian and Dai look at us from afar. Both aren't saying a single word as they see me dance so close to a hero. "Are you not going to threaten him?", asks Dai. "No. (Name) is having fun, isn't she?", says Damian in a sad tone. "Those heroes really have to learn to listen. 'Only talk NOT touch'. It brings me a headache seeing them", Dai says. "You jealous?" "No, not at all. I just don't trust him at all", replies Dai. Damian chuckles. "Right, like I believe that", he says and takes a sip from the alcohol. They both stare in silence. "You could still ask her, you know", says Damian suddenly. "What?" The cold harsh tone of Dai makes Damian smile. He finally sounded like his brother again. "I'm just saying if you're not going to ask to dance then I am going to", he says. His voice a hint of a tease yet also a seriousness. "Whatever. I don't dance!" "So did (name), look at her now. It's like she's..." Damian comes closer to Dai and whispers: "... in love." Dai's face only gets more annoyed by his brother's comment. "Tomorrow she's gone. Grab your chance or forever hold your peace. But I'm telling you, you are going to regret it if you don't take it", he says. Damian walks away finding something new to drink.

Dai stays looking at me. "Alright..." he mumbles.

"I will ask her..."