𝑬𝑷𝑰𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

Hannah handed her finished artwork to her teacher, with pursed lips he snatched it from her hands and chucked it on the pile of other paintings

     The blonde looked over at her painting one last time, it was a painting of Olive used with all shades of red only, and on the bottom, in black calligraphy was the name of the original assignment.  Someone you admire.

     "Thank you, Ms Mars.  I'll see to it when I mark the others."  The balding man coughed, barely even glancing up from the book he was reading.

     Hannah hummed angrily and whipped her body around towards the door.  Once she was out and the door had fulling shut, she let out a loud groan of pure frustration.  She slumped onto her bum, with her hands tangled into her hair, pulling some strands out of the loose braids.

     "That's what you get for taking art."

     Hannah lifted her head lazily, looking up to see Sawyer Kennedy smiling down at her.  The blonde shook her head at the brunette, a smile beginning to form as Sawyer helped her to her feet.

     "I am literally going to die,"  Hannah muttered, to which Sawyer rolled her eyes.

     "You literally aren't.  Worse things have happened this weekend,"  The brunette sighed and began walking down the hall with her arm draped over Hannah's shoulder.

     Hannah's eyes widened and her body jolted up.  "Oh my god, how's your brother?"  Hannah gasped just as the final bell rang.

     "He's fine, a little shaken up but I'm glad he's home,"  Sawyer muttered with a soft smile.  "What happened with you though?  I heard your mom went crazy and tried to kill you with a knife."

     Hannah sighed, recalling that Sunday afternoon vividly.  "She didn't try to kill me, but I am grounded for the next billion years,"  Hannah grumbled just as they exited the school.

     As soon as the girls did, an obnoxious horn beeped, waking up the entirety of America as it did so.  It was Joey in his white car, a miserable Dwayne in the bare backseat.

     "Ugh, he's a pig,"  Hannah mumbled, Lucky for Hannah, Sawyer didn't hear her as she ran to the passenger seat and hopped in with a peck on the lips from Joey.

     "Come on, Han!  Get in before your mom kills us all!"  Joey laughed and honked his horn again.  Every time the horn went off, Hannah could see Dwayne's eyes close tighter than before.

     Before Dwayne's eyes completely disappeared into his skull, Hannah ran into the backseats, slamming the door as a message. 

     "So how come you aren't getting lifts with Benny anymore?"  Joey asked, looking Hannah over in the rearview mirror as he drove out of the school.

     "Because my mom hates me."  She sighed and rested her head on Dwayne's shoulder, she physically felt his muscles relaxing under her.  "Woah, a little tense there, huh Dwayne."  Hannah giggled, causing Dwayne to do the same.

     "You try staying in a car with Joey for ten minutes."  The boy rolled his eyes and folded his arms, a clear scowl imprinted onto his face.

     "I heard that!"

     "Good."