Chapter Seven: Everything okay there, Dicky?

HANNAH'S HEAD rested lazily on the glass of the bus window with Dwayne's head in her lap, his body sprawled over the rest of the backseats.

     The blonde looked down to see a miserable frown smeared on her best friend's lips and his eyes were tight shut as if he had been staring at the sun.

     "Dad?"  Olive's voice was barely audible, as the song 'Bigmouth Strikes Again' by The Smiths rang through her ears.  Her father answered, and their conversation swam through the bus just loud enough to make some sense in Hannah's brain.  It was short-lived, nobody wanted to answer Olive's question.

     "What's gonna happen to Grandpa?"

     "Uncle Frank?"

     "Yeah?"

     "Do you think there's a heaven?"

     Hannah heard the conversation through her closed eyes, she had only managed to sleep about ten or so minutes, but when she felt her head on  Dwayne's chest, she chose to keep her eyes firmly shut to get a couple more minutes out of the situation.

     "That's hard to say, Olive.  I don't think anyone knows for sure."  Uncle Frank spoke, barely looking at the young girl sitting beside him.

     "I know, but what do you think?"

     Frank paused, chuckling as his hand reached to awkwardly scratch his beard.  "Um, well..."

     "I think there is one."  Olive cut over her uncle, not that he would say anything.

     "You think I'll get in?"

     "Yes."

     "Promise?"

     "Yes."

     Hannah sat back up straight in her seat and turned to Dwayne with a cheesy grin on her soft features.  "What about you?"  She asked the boy beside her.

     He shook his head gently, his hair swung like a mop.  Dwayne pulled out his notebook and pen and instantly scribbled away.  Not at all.  Hannah chuckled at that.

     Wouldn't get in anyway.

     "You never know, though, Dwayne.  I bet you will."  Hannah paused and pushed her shoulder into Dwayne's with a slight giggle.  "You have the heart."

     Dwayne cocked a thick eyebrow, a smug smirk slowly appearing on his lips.  If I can get into heaven, where will you go?  I don't think there's anything further up.

     Hannah rolled her eyes at Dwayne's statement and covered her face with her hair to avoid her reddening cheeks.  Hannah struggled for words, Dwayne had left her genuinely speechless.