Chapter Ten: The End

Frank, Dwayne and Hannah walked awkwardly into the room the actual performances were being held, then they swiftly walked back out after seeing a little girl yodle.

     "Fuck that,"  Hannah whispered under her breath.

     "I'm goin' backstage,"  Dwayne spoke, staring Frank in the crazed eye.

     "Yeah, I'll come with you."  Hannah coughed.

     Dwayne and Hannah rushed aimlessly through the corridors, their hands moulded together like glue

     "I used to do pageants, many years ago."  The blonde confessed as they passed the young contestants.

     "No fucking way."

     "Yes fucking way."

     The two chuckled, with Dwayne even shaking his head as they continued to walk.

     "I was really good, too."  The teen continued, smiling proudly at herself.  "It was horrible, I hated every second."

     "I bet you did,"  Dwayne muttered with a smile, that smile shifted into an evil grin in a matter of moments as he placed his hand on Hannah's shoulders to stop her.  "What exactly would you do?"  The noirette giggled.

     "I could show you if you'd like."  Hannah giggled, taking a moment to tie her hair back and position herself.  "I'm rusty, haven't done a pageant since I was eight."

     Hannah took a deep breath in and shook her shoulders before dramatically strutting down the rest of the hall.  Once she had reached the wall, she spun quickly back around to face Dwayne and winked pathetically at him, earning an honest chuckle.

     "That's seriously all you did?"  The younger boy mocked the girl he was walking closer to.  "You look like a stroke victim trying to get something out of her eye."  Dwayne's eyebrows folded downward and his smile softened.

     "I told you I was rusty,"  Hannah muttered and rolled her eyes playfully.

     Silence fell over the pair for a brief moment, a silence that lasted decades.  But Hannah decided to speak up when she noticed Dwayne's slow advances to her lips.

     "Dwayne, wait."

     The boy's eyes fluttered back into his best friend's eyes, a queer look on his face.

     "The kiss back at the dock."

     Dwayne instantly moved away, a red tint showing on his cheeks.  "You didn't want me to,"  He mumbled sheepishly, a look of pure embarrassment on his rounded features.

     At his display, Hannah grabbed his hands firmly and stared him dead in the eye.  "I want to know what's going to happen next."

     Dwayne's head shot back up and his wide eyes darted over every inch of Hannah's face, his lips trembled a quick "holy shit."