Chapter Four

"ONLY NOW you realised?". Sawyer Kennedy's voice leaked through the small phone.

     "Well I just don't really pay attention to that stuff, you know?"  Hannah sighed as the bit the skin of her one free hand.  She kept her eye on Richard Hoover who was also on the phone, and stuck her tongue out at him for the stunt he pulled in the diner.

     "You are full of shit."  Sawyer mocked Hannah with a small giggle.  "You always defend him when Joey or your brother pick on him."  The girl on the other end mumbled.

     "Yeah, well, it's whatever right now.  Nothings gonna happen anyway."  Hannah sighed just as the rest of the family walked out of the diner.  "Any news about the carpet?  Do you think you could come over and clean it?"

     A loud groan was heard from the other side of the phone and Hannah mentally slapped herself for thinking Sawyer would clean her carpet for free.

     "I'll pay you $20?"

     "You don't even have $20!  Besides, I'm really stumped with my brother at the minute.  I have to help my mom with the missing posters."

     Sawyer continued to blab on about something, but Hannah had stopped listening and instead took interest in what the Hoover's where doing.  Sheryl was attempting to start the car with no success while Richard mocked her.

     "Look, Sawyer?  I have to go."  Hannah muttered before quickly ending the call and rushing to join the rest of the group.