56. Day 6- Love's Desire-II(Haldi ceremony)

Začať od začiatku

***

The Preparation of Haldi ceremony was going with great clamor in the Vasant mahal. Everyone was so excited and happy about it. 

Two decks have been made for Karna and Urvi, a few feet apart. And both of them were getting ready for the Haldi ceremony. 

Not only the princesses, but the princes said that they also wanted to participate in the ceremony and wanted to enjoy it as well. And it was concurred without any objection, as everyone was free to enjoy themselves, being the first wedding of Vasant Mahal, after so many years. 

Queen Kunti was taking the Haldi paste bowl to the prospective bride and groom, when she saw Taatshree Bheeshma coming in the direction. 

Kunti - Taatshree, the haldi ceremony will start soon. 

Bheeshma smiled. 

Bheeshma - Alright. You kids start the ceremony. I have something to do. 

Kunti - But Taatshree, aren't you going to join it??? 

Bheeshma - Sure dear, but later. 

Kunti nodded and said to him to give his blessings by touching the Haldi bowls. She had already taken blessings of Rajmata Satyavati. 

Bheeshma touched both the haldi bowls. And said to start the ceremony. 

When he touched the bowl, Kunti lifted her brows. 

Kunti - Taatshree, there is already a Haldi tint on your fingertips. 

Bheeshma looked at his fingertips and remembered that late at night, he had applied haldi paste on Shikha. 

He shook his head. 

Bheeshma- Nothing. You kids start. 

Saying that, he left there in a hurry. His first priority was to placate Shikha. She must be sad and melancholic. After what happened, his reaction should have been a little better than what he did. And it's obvious how she must be feeling. 

***

The Haldi ceremony started. Karna and Urvi were seated side by side on the two decks. 

Everyone was so joyous and excited about the ceremony. 

Traditional upbeat music was playing along with dance numbers to create a festive environment. The aroma of Haldi also made the atmosphere vibrant and lively. 

All the princes, princesses, mothers etc. were applying haldi on the prospective groom and bride one by one. And after that they couldn't resist smearing bits of haldi paste on each other's faces, laughing uncontrollably. 

Baby Dushala came and was very curious about this ongoing event. She asked innocently to Karna. 

Baby Dushala - Bhrata Karna, bhrata Karna … why is everyone applying haldi paste on you and bhabhishree?? 

Subhadra who was applying haldi on Urvi chuckled. 

Subhi- we are applying haldi on them so that the bride and groom glow with radiance. 

Dushala beamed. 

Dushala - I also want to apply haldi on you, bhrata. And then you will glow like the Sun. 

Karna beamed too. 

Karna- Okay. 

Dushala took haldi on both the hands of her fingertips. And applied it on Karna's cheeks.