My Sunflower, My Sunshine

Start from the beginning

"It's okay, Kian. It's not your fault. I get too emotional sometimes." She sniffles. 

"But I don't get this. You complain about me touching you and then you don't avoid it either, like right now. What do you really want?" I ask her.

She looks up at me with her teary eyes as she says, "I don't know either. I don't know what I want. But it feels so nice when you hold me. It's like I never want you to let go. I'm so confused."

"Hey, it's okay. We'll work this out together, yeah?" I smile at her and graze her scalp soothingly. "I'm not going anywhere, Mia. And neither are you. I'm right here with you, and you're right here with me too." I kiss her head when she nods lightly.

"Hey, Mia, would you like some ice cream?" David's voice comes from ahead, startling both Mia and me. I almost forgot he was there. 

Mia giggles before answering, "Of course." 

David pulls up at an ice cream parlor and turns to us. "What would you guys like?" 

"Chocolate chip," Mia responds. 

"I'll have the same." I'm not a fan of chocolate but Mia likes it so.

"Okay, I'll be right back." David gets out of the car and we watch as he walks into the parlor. 

"God, that's so embarrassing. I cried so much in front of David. He must think I'm such a crybaby." Mia groans. I blink.

"Wow. You know your life is in danger and that's what you're concerned about? That what would David think of you? Why does his opinion matter, anyway?" 

"Well, I will have to see David every day and I made my first impression in front of him as a crybaby. So of course, it matters." Mia's statement makes me laugh out loud.

"Hey, it's not funny." She hits my arm. 

"Oh Mia, you're so stupid, you know that," I state, still laughing a little. She scoffs at me.

"I'm not. I'm smart. You're the one who's stupid." She huffs in annoyance and turns to the other side. 

"Okay, fine. I'm stupid. And you are the smartass. Now come here." I grab her by the waist and land her on my lap. She looks up at me with the prettiest smile in the world. My angel. 

David comes back with our ice creams and then we head home. This ice cream is horrible; too sweet for my liking. I hate chocolate. But Mia loves it. She has already finished most of it. Unwillingly, I ingest the remaining ice cream. As I took the last bit of it, we had already reached home. I take Mia's bag as she gets out of the car, and I catch up with her along with David. 

"Finally, home!" Mia exclaims and flung onto the couch, making me chuckle. She said home.

David had already left. And it was time for our pool date. 

"Okay, my sunflower. Go get ready for our pool date." I say after taking a seat beside her laying form. 

She raises her head and frowns at me.  "What did you say?" 

"Go get ready for our pool date," I repeat with a shrug.

She sits up straight. "No, no, no. Before that...What did you call me?" 

Oh! My sunflower. Shit, the nickname slipped. It was the nickname for her when we dated in high school. She was my sunflower and she called me 'my sunshine'. I was her sunshine.

"My sunflower," I whisper, looking into her deep brown eyes. She sucks in a sharp breath, as though she had been waiting for this moment. 

Her lips quiver into a smile before she whispers, "My sunshine." We both stare into each other's eyes and get lost in our gaze. Then, we both inch closer and closer. Like gravity's pulling us close to each other, our eyes connect, lips just a breath away. I don't wait for another thought and just press my lips to hers. She startles for a second but then she kisses me back. Her soft and supple lips move against mine in perfect synchronization. I lift her up and pull her onto my lap, pressing our bodies together. My arms encircle her tiny waist as I devour her delicious lips. I push my tongue out onto her lip. She lets me in and then our tongues begin a dance of their own. She wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me even deeper. She runs her hands further until her fingers intertwine with my hair, pulling them slightly, and making me groan. I push my tongue deeper, not letting her take the lead. She moans into the kiss which makes me stiffen. Electricity courses throughout my body. By the way Mia's body is responding, I know she's feeling what I'm feeling too. I'm glad that I still have this effect on her. 

I don't know how long it has been, nor do I care. I just don't want this to end ever. This is perfect. This is what I've been wishing for, and it's finally happening. Mia starts pulling away, but I don't let her. I pull her closer to me. I hear her whimper in my mouth, so I pull away. As soon as I do, she gasps for breath. So she was breathless. We don't break eye contact as we catch our breaths. Once stable, Mia flashes me her perfect smile, making me smile. I plant a few more kisses on her lips.

Then I whisper in her ear, "Go get ready for our pool date." 

She looks into my eyes for a long moment, as though reading me. Then she kisses me one final time before her arms slip from my neck and slowly she pulls away completely and walks upstairs to her room.

I've got you, Mia. I'm never letting you go.

___________________________________________________________

Do vote, share, and comment.

Peace.