My Sunflower, My Sunshine

Börja om från början

I glare at that guy through the window as they walk closer to our car.  When Mia is just 5 steps away from the car, I get out. She frowns at me, confused. I cut our short distance in one stride and hug her lovingly, completely ignoring the guy beside her as I feel his harmless glare on me. 

"Hi, my love." I pull just a little to kiss her cheek. 

"Hi," She frowns. 

"What? You're not happy to see me?" I copy her pouty face. She narrows her eyes at me in response. 

"Are you high, Kian?" She raises an eyebrow, questioningly, which makes me laugh.

"Jesus, Mia, you're funny!" She looks at me like she's disgusted by me. She rolls her eyes and turns to that guy. That fucking attitude of hers is such a turn-on!

"Vincent, as you know, this is Kian," Mia says to this Vincent guy. 

"Yeah, how can I forget your asshole ex?" The fuck this loser has some guts! I let go of Mia to handle this fucker. I stand in front of him so that we're eye to eye. 

"Listen up, you piece of shit. I don't care who the fuck you are but if you try to disrespect me, I'll fuckin--"  "Okay, guys. Kian, that's enough. Vincent is my best friend since we were kids. Did you forget? Don't hurt him." I'm cut off by Mia as she comes between us. Okay, now I remember. This is Vincent. I had met him before. Mia used to talk about him a lot. 

"Don't worry, babygirl. I'm not gonna hurt him." I speak to Mia but my glare never leaves Vincent.  

"Let's go." Mia grabs my hand and pulls me towards the car. "Bye, Vince. Text me, yeah?"

"Yeah. Take care, M," Vincent replies. 

I open the door for Mia to get in. Then I get in myself. As the car takes off, Mia turns to me, interrogating me with her eyes. I just shrug innocently.

"Kian, what the hell was that?" 

"What? Oh, your 'friend' disrespecting me? Why don't you go ask him yourself?" I scoff.

"Okay, I apologize on his behalf. We've been best friends for as long as I can remember and he is very protective of me." 

"No. No, Mia! He called me an 'asshole' and you're okay with that!" I almost yell. Well, that actually hurt me how she didn't shut him down but stopped me instead.

"Well, aren't you one?" She rolls her eyes and leans back in her seat. I cannot believe she just said that. My nostrils flare and all I want to do right now is hurt her. In any way possible. 

"So you think that less of me?" I seethe the words out, trying my best to not pounce on her tiny frame. She shakes her head before looking at me with gentle eyes. 

"No. I don't. I believe in you, Kian. I believe that there's good in you. I believe that you can do so much better. But it looks like, you don't believe in yourself. And you are an asshole for what you were trying in front of Vincent. You got jealous, right?" Upon hearing her words, I break eye contact, looking out of the window, embarrassed. 

She chuckles before saying, "I saw it in your eyes. You were jealous seeing me so close to Vincent. And then you had the audacity to converse it! Do you think you have some stupid claim on me? That you can just pop into my life whenever you want and act as if nothing's wrong? As if we're normal?" She chokes a sob and a tear rolls down her cheek. Fuck, I made her cry again!

I move closer to her and wrap my arms around her. I thought that she would push me away, but she didn't. She fists my shirt and sobs into my chest. 

"I'm so sorry, Mia. I didn't intend to make you cry like that." I murmur into her hair.