They shifted into their wolves at that moment and charged at us violently with a speed that made it hard for me to even see. Before I could realize it, they had snatched Joy from me and flung her mercilessly to the concrete wall.

Her shrill cry filled the air with the sickening crack of her bones, and blood gushed out of her mouth as she coughed and gasped for breath, clawing for a savior that doesn't exist.

I couldn't bear it and picked up a rod that was lying beside my bed. I launched an attack at them in attempt to hit one of them on the head, but I was too slow on my two feet when they were in their powerful and ferocious wolf form.

I didn't know where it came from, but a powerful kick from a different angle struck at my face and stomach, the long, sharp claws searing my skin as I found myself losing balance and crashing on the wall, hitting my head so hard that everything went blank at that moment. 

Unbearable pain shot through my head and exploded like a bomb all over my body, weakening me to the extent that I was fighting to breathe. Being a wolfless girl, starved and tortured almost all her life, had made me really worthless, and with just this attack, I was struggling to stay alive.

I lay there, my back leaning on the wall, as my head bled, the blood cascading down my back and face. My vision was blurred, and my mind was hazy as my head staggered around.

"Don't try to save her. Killing you won't even take one second, bastard!" I heard one of the guards scowl at me and spat on my face.

The spittle smeared down my face disgustingly, filling me with rage.

The next thing I heard was the suffocating cry of Joy as she shifted in her wolf, ready to fight to the death. She knew she would win the fight with these hefty men, but it was the drive of instinct to live. 

I watched helplessly in pain as it all happened in front of me like a nightmare, which I would still wake up from. My head was banging and tears were soaking my face as I stayed silent, hoping I would wake up from this horrifying dream.

She was in her wolf form as they pounced on her violently like psychopaths, with no sympathy in their eyes as it glowed red against her pale blue eyes. She howled in unbearable pain as their claws sank into her flesh and yanked a chunk of it out.

"Leave her alone!" I whimpered as she recoiled from them, shifting back to her human form, deep wounds all over her body. She was crawling and sprawling away in terror as her blood stained the whole place.

"Joy, please don't die." I begged under my breath, clenching my teeth as I tried to stand and feeling my head ache really terrible.

She heard my voice and drew close to me. The men shifted to their human forms too and began to walk toward her. They were ready to finish her.

Joy sat beside me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I am sorry I won't survive. I really loved you, so I risked my life for you. Don't blame yourself. You aren't the cause. I had been a maid to the fake Luna when I was supposed to be the future Luna, and my mother, who should be ruling now, is locked like a pup in a cage waiting for her death too." Her lips trembled, and the outburst of crying couldn't let her continue.

I began to sob too—my heart was heavy and felt like it had been stabbed as I held her hand, shaking my head. 

"No, you aren't dying!!" I screeched, but the men gripped her and yanked her forward. One headbutted her, and the other punched her stomach so hard that she fell like a log of wood, more blood spilling out of her mouth and nose as her cries began to fade.

A knock sounded at that moment, but they ignored it and were about to finish her up when a voice they could recognize spoke.

"It's me, Andrea. The Luna sent me here." 

They stopped, and one quickly unlocked the door for him. He swaggered in with a lopsided grin, his hands in his pockets, as he peered at Joy on the floor.

"Ouch, does it hurt so bad?" His rough voice rasped in, and Joy in her pain jolted up and stumbled back in real fear and deeper pain in her eyes than it had ever had since these were happening.

"Go away!!" She screamed in a broken voice that echoed deep hurt. Her eyes were blinking like a little girl who had met a monster.

"No, baby. I have my last gift for you before you die." He smirked and sniggered, unbuckling his belt. Joy began to drag herself back, shaking her head and quivering hard.

"We can't let this go on!" The sudden voice of my sleeping vampire beast spoke out inside me, and just then, a new, unimaginable strength waved through me, and I rose to my feet.

"If any of you take a step forward to hurt her, I will destroy that person and all their family!" I growled so loud and violently, not recognizing my voice anymore, as the strange powers, just like that day of my birthday, coursed through my veins and spread through me.

Something was wreaking havoc in me like a beast fighting to break out of its confinement.

Extreme rage was suddenly burning like wildfire inside me, and as I stared at Andrea, who had already pulled down his trousers, the ruthless bodyguards, and then back at my best friend, the force in me was triggered, and I began to shift into my vampire beast form immediately.

They saw it and all ran to escape through the door, but I was faster as I bolted past them and blocked the door before launching blows at them, which swept them off their feet and landed their buttocks heavily on the floor.

The bald headguard hastily went to his knees and bowed down in front of me.

"Please, don't kill me..I..." He tried to beg for his life, but it irked and irritated me, spiking my rage. I didn't wait for him to finish his statement before I raised my foot and smashed his face on the floor, splattering his skull as his brain and eyeballs burst out and scattered over the floor.

"Who is next?"