38. Kiss me

@alexa_ortiz I hope you'll like it ;)

——————————————————————-

*Roberts' POV*

"Emilia, baby wake up!" I shook her panicking, sleeping body trying desperately to wake her like I've been doing every night for the past week. She hasn't had one peaceful night since Veronica made her way into the house. Nightmares start to haunt her the moment she falls asleep till I succeed in waking her up. She's definitely been traumatized by the event. If only there was something I could do for her so she'll be able to have a restful sleep. I worry so much about her. It hurts me so much to see her go through this. I've stayed by her every night, gladly giving up my sleep to wake her from her haunting dreams.

"Emilia! It's ok! I'm here! Wake up baby!" Her body tensed in shock and jumped, sitting straight up on her bed. The sweat is dripping from her forehead and her body trembles. Tears are falling down from her cheeks and I pull her into my embrace. She clutches on to me. I hate that sound. The sound of her crying. It hurts me to see her cry.

"I'm sick of it, Robert" She whispers with a shaking, brittle voice.

"I know baby but they'll pass. Don't worry." I said while stroking her back.

"I'm just scared. She's still out there Robert doing God knows what while planning something to get to us."

"I won't let that happen. I admit that I didn't expect her making her way in here like she did but I was prepared for the worst and I've set things up now that even a fly won't make its way to you." I reassured her.

We sat like that for a couple minutes until she calmed down.

"I'm so tired Robert but I don't want to sleep anymore."

"I know you are but I'm right here. I won't leave your side even for a second. I promise."

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be in this mess right now. You know, with the paparazzi and stuff and that I'm the reason why your life is on the line as well." Her voice is so full of guilt that it hurts. I grabbed her shoulders and forced her to look at me.

"Don't you even think about that Emilia! I couldn't care less about that, really. Believe me. If I was offered a choice between meeting you or not, we would've been sitting here all the same. No matter how hard it gets, I'm here to stay. Whether you want me to or not." I said while looking dead serious in her eyes. She better starts believing that!

"You're unbelievable, Robert." She sighs with a small, thankful smile on her beautiful face.

"Unbelievable handsome? Yeah, I know."

She realized what I did there and giggled. I couldn't contain a chuckle either. She looked up at me in my eyes, gazing with her beautiful blue eyes. They make my heart skip a beat every time. She places her hand on my cheek and leans in closer till our foreheads are touching. I can feel her breath on my face and it sends a shiver down my spine, making me feel warm inside. I would definitely be kissing her right now if she remembered our relationship. I'm trying so hard to control myself. I don't want to rush into things like I did last time, especially in this situation. I'm following her lead this time but I keep on continuing showing my affection for her. So she knows that I'm ready when she is.

"Robert?" She whispers.

"Yes?" I whisper back.

"Do you want to kiss me?"

I chuckle lightly. She can be so straight forward sometimes.

"All the time." I admit.

"Then why don't you?"