30. Lost

*Sophie's POV*

"Robbie, you have to eat something." I said and placed a bowl of soup in front of him on the coffee table.

"No thanks..." He whispered staring dead ahead of him.

"Robbie please. You need to eat. You need to sleep too."

"I can't."

I sighed and sat next to him on the couch. I grabbed his hand and held it mine. Tears were starting to fall from his eyes but his expression was emotionless.

"It's been over a week." He whispered. "It's been over a week and she-..." He chocked.

"It's going to be alright Robbie."

"How can you know for sure?" He looked me in the eyes. He looked angry now.

"She's strong Robbie. You know she's strong. She'll fight through it. She'll win. She always does." I whispered back.

"I need her Sophie. I need her in my arms. I need to see her smile. I need her to... I need her to wake up."

"She will. I know she will. You just have to keep believing in her. She needs us to."

He nodded closing his eyes.

Thank God he finally fell asleep. It's been days since he last slept. He's so devastated. I miss her. I miss her so much that I cry myself to sleep every night. She's been in a coma for over a week now. The doctors said it's because she lost a lot of blood when she was shot and because it was such a traumatic experience for her. I wish I was there. I wish I could have done something. Now she'll be scarred for life as a reminder of what Killian has done to her. I hope she'll be alright when she wakes up. Robbie and I have been visiting her every day. I'm so thankful for Robert. I don't even want to know what would've happened to her if he didn't show up. I haven't been able to thank Quinten either. I haven't been able to reach him yet. Luckily, everything has been settled with the police. Quinten shot Killian in self-defense and for the rescue of others, so he was released and Robert too. The media is going wild about it. Those suckers. They have no sympathy for his situation. Robert his assistant had to hire bodyguards because of the swarm of paparazzi that would be waiting for him outside the hospital. I just hope that all of this will blow over soon.

I'm so happy that Killian is gone. He's my big brother and we grew up together but I will never forgive him for what he's done to us over the years and especially now. He won't bother us anymore. Is it a horrible thing to say that I don't feel sad about the death of my brother? I don't know. All I know is that I want Emilia to wake up again and see her smile. I want to feel her kiss on my cheek that she gives me every morning and before we go to sleep.

*Roberts' POV*

"SOPHIE WAKE UP!!" I yelled from the foot of the stairs.

"WHAT?!" She yelled back as I could hear her running in the hallway.

"SHE'S AWAKE!! The doctor called."

"Really?!?! EMILIA IS BACK!!" She yelled and jumped into my arms laughing and crying at the same time.

"Let's go!" We started running toward my car and jumped in.

My baby is back. She's awake. She's going to be ok. We're going to be ok. Is all that went through my mind on our drive to the hospital.

I stopped my car in front of the entrance. The paparazzi started to swarm around my car yelling my name. Those fuckers. Why can't they just leave me alone. I waited until two of my bodyguards standing at my door and at Sophie's too. We got out and ran inside the building. They aren't allowed to enter so that's good. I started running towards Emilia's room and just when I was about to enter the doctor stopped me.

"I'm sorry Mr Downey but I have to speak to you first before you enter." He said in a serious tone. I started to feel worried again.

"What is it doctor? Is she alright?"

"She's fine. She's in good health." He reassured.

"Then what's the problem doctor?" Sophie asked.

"We ran a few tests with her when she woke up and I'm sorry to inform you but..."

"But what?!" I almost yelled. I was losing my patience. I want to see her so badly.

"I'm sorry to inform you but she seems to be suffering from amnesia."

My body tensed up completely. I saw Sophie putting her hand on her heart and mouth.

"Does... does she... DOES SHE REMEMBER ME?!" I lost my control.

"Please Mr Downey. Calm down. Yelling won't help. I mentioned your names and her recent events but she doesn't remember nor does she remember who she is or anything else about her life."

"Is it permanent doctor?" Sophie asked. I could hear that she was about to cry.

"We've seen allot of these cases and most of them regained their memory after a certain time. I cannot tell you if she'll regain hers. That's all up to her. I also can't tell how long it would take if she'll regain them. That too is different for every individual."

"This... This can't be.." I whispered to myself. Emilia doesn't remember me. This can't be.

"I advice you to take it real slow. Don't overwhelm her or else she might panic. She's still weak. I would just slowly introduce you to her and your relationship with her. I wouldn't ask her any questions. Let her ask the questions and think things through before you answer."

"Ok doctor. Thank you." Sophie said and the doctor walked away.

I felt Sophie grabbing my hand and I looked down to her.

"It's going to be alright Robbie. Tell me when you're ready and we'll go in together."

I took deep breaths. I waited for a moment trying to keep in my tears. I nodded and we stepped into her room.