[One step too far]

Closing your eyes, you let out an uncharacteristic sigh.

You have to apologise... You know you do, but nothing convinced you to actually follow through with it. Your ego would never recover in this lifetime if you did.

In spite of the fact that you went to bed unreasonably late, you're up in the early morning. You have to take a deep breath and swallow your pride.

Damn you Ao'nung.

You hear shuffling in the room, but don't bother turning towards the culprit.

You and your siblings shared a relatively spacious room while your parents slept elsewhere. So, it had to be one of them.

Your parents have yet to learn about yesterday's endeavors. You were thankful for that small detail. Not knowing what you would do or say in your tired state.

They would surely find out today however. Even if you didn't intend to tell them. As everyone knew, the word spread fast and wide.

What could be worse? You think to yourself as you begrudgingly exit your shared living area.

***

"I don't care how you do it." Jake reminded his sons the first thing in the morning, "Just go."

Lo'ak didn't say a word, still processing his father's request.

Seriously, he wants me to apologize?

If anyone had to do that it would be Ao'nung, Rotxo and [Name].

Lo'ak's displeasure was clear. He wasn't trying to hide it at all.

Jake ushered them out and Lo'ak was the first to leave Neteyam following behind before his father stopped him. To Neteyam's surprise his father didn't seem nearly as angry as he was before.

"How do they look?" He asked in a hushed voice and that's how Neteyam knew where his little brother got his competitiveness from.

"Worse." Neteyam answered quickly making sure to keep his voice just as low. Lo'ak continued walking without bothering to look back to make sure his brother followed.

His father nodded appreciating the answer, "Good."

"Much worse..." Neteyam added hoping to gain some favor, but all he got was a look from his father as he told him not to push his luck any further.

Neteyam gave up the fight and left to catch up with Lo'ak.

His brother was already a considerable distance away and Neteyam laughed to himself at his haste to get this over with.

He could relate.

He wondered if he could catch all three of you in time. It would be much faster that way. 'Apologizing' to you all at the same time.

"Morning." You greet in a taunting manner.

Neteyam's thoughts came to a stop at the sight before him. His hopes going down the drain. There was one thing he didn't want.

He didn't want to catch you alone.