[The lost and found]

Trying to locate Lo'ak seemed more impossible than possible. It was concerning at this point.

Once you had passed the reef to where Ao'nung claimed to have left Lo'ak, he was nowhere in sight. Even as you searched further underwater there were no signs of the boy.

He had to be something on the surface, right? He was nowhere near as experienced as the rest of your clan, so he couldn't possibly hold his breath for that long.

Once again he was nowhere to be found.

Neteyam didn't know what to do. It was his fault, wasn't it? He was supposed to watch over Lo'ak and apologize to Ao'nung and Rotxo together.

"What were you thinking?" You ask with a grimace trying to stop yourself from lashing out at your brother.

"It was just a joke! I showed you where we left him. He was not there!" Ao'nung replied with exaggerated hand movements as he conveyed his point in the argument.

"Everything is a damn joke to you." You almost mock your brother's halfhearted excuse and scowl in pure disappointment.

Ao'nung and Rotxo weren't allowed to travel outside the reef. Not without permission or supervision. Aka you.

The ocean was a beautiful, but dangerous place. Your parents had to have that message drilled into you at some point.

The three arrived at the shore. Where both Neteyam's father and mother were waiting along with Kiri and their little sister Tuk who had tears in her eyes.

Neteyam notices you purposely walk past them and follow behind Ao'nung as Neteyam gets off the Ilu to approach his family. They all look at him in pity, even Kiri.

They could only hope Lo'ak was safe.

His mother, who comforted Tuk, tried to reassure him as best she could.

When he glanced over at his father, he saw a face full of concern and worry.

Neteyam made an excuse to leave in truth he wanted to search for you. He didn't know why, but he felt the need to thank you for some odd reason. At least someone didn't have a stick up their ass and could admit it.

He walks past his family and towards where you and Ao'nung disappeared.

He didn't need to walk far.

"Oh-" Neteyam stops dead in his tracks. With the way his luck had been going, he took this as something of a miracle.

You've been waiting for him. Or that's what he'd like to hope.

"Oh?" You repeat with a playful undertone to lighten the mood. You doubt it did much, but it's the thought that counts.