1, hidden secrets

"James, I said no!" Fleamont Potter roared, "you already tried this eleven years ago and almost got yourself killed! We've had enough losses in this family for crying out loud! The spell is just a myth, and even if it were real, it's dark and dang...

"James, I said no!" Fleamont Potter roared, "you already tried this eleven years ago and almost got yourself killed! We've had enough losses in this family for crying out loud! The spell is just a myth, and even if it were real, it's dark and dangerous!"

Harry Potter stood outside of the door of his family dining room, curious as to what all the shouting was about.

It had been almost three months since the death of his girlfriend, and he was far from healed. Black circles lingered under his eyes, his body was drained from the constant late nights of crying. It was almost the end of the summer holidays, and the sixteen year old was not doing okay.

"But dad! If we tried then we could bring her back! We could bring them both back! And don't give me that nonsense about it not being real, you saw exactly how real it was last time!"

"Real enough to send you up to your death to join them!"

"Dad! She was like my daughter, do you know how happy Harry would be if she came back? I'll be safer this time...do my research on the bloodline and the power, please!" James cried, "Addie was my best friend! Please!"

"James, you're begging your dad like a kid, give it a rest, love," Harry heard his mother say, her voice breaking as she spoke.

The Potter household had been in an awfully fragile state since the death of Charlotte Lupin. Everybody mourned I'm different ways, they clashed with one another and fought with their pain. The day that Remus Lupin-Black had killed Lottie was the day that Harry had emotionally lost an uncle, and almost the day that James had lost a brother.

The aurors had taken Remus. They chained him up and locked him away in azkaban, and Harry was happy to be rid of him. Remus had torn Harry's life and family apart and he resented Remus for it, and he always would.

Remus was released from Azkaban though. Of course he did. Life always went well for him, it had done ever since Charlie's mum had died by the looks of it. The jury saw him as innocent, and with restrictions around the full moons and the whole wizarding world knowing that he was a werewolf.

Harry saw his inability to get a job satisfying, thought it'd be better if Sirius Black wasn't sickeningly rich.

"But the books have everything I need to do!"

"James. No."

Books...

Harry raced up the stairs as fast as he could with that prompt, racing to his parents bedroom and searching the the shelves. He tipped the room upside down trying to find 'the books.' He had more or less been dared to find them, there was no way somebody could mention a way to bring Lottie back and he'd ignore it.

The grieving boy had no idea what exactly he was looking for, his mother had millions of books reaching from Shakespeare to modern texts, he hadn't a clue on what it could possibly be.

Not until a particular book stack caught his eye; The history of magic of the Winters Family Bloodline.

The book didn't come alone, there was multiple, all annotated with elderly notes and symbols. Harry grabbed them all.

"I'll be taking those books away from you, James!" Fleamont shouted, before slamming the front door and leaving the house, but that wasn't the end of it. James and Lily began their own argument. Harry had no idea what about, but the arguments had been going on for weeks. Harry's father was grieving, and Lily had told Harry that she expected he was grieving both Lottie, and the old memories of her mother, Adelaide.

He knew he was safe for at least another hour, and so he sat on the floor, his eyes very briefly scanning the pages. From what the pages were already saying, Harry's girlfriend was a lot more than what he had ever known, her mothers bloodline taking a long stride in threateningly strong powers, including both the ability to resurrect someone, and to be resurrected.

Resurrection. That was clearly what he was looking for.

Harry snatched the book, slipping it into his pocket and looked around at the room he had slightly destroyed throughout his search. He quickly cleaned everything up as much as he could, before ducking out of the room and sneaking off to his own.

꧁꧂

Later on that night, Harry didn't stick to his typical routine; a quick shower and then a cry in his bed whilst he thought about Lottie. Instead, he waited until every family member in the house had fallen asleep - Sophia was sleeping at Emily's house with Hermione, Ginny and Luna so it wasn't too difficult.

The house was silent, and Harry reached for the book he had fashionably hidden under his pillow, and turned on his lamp.

THE WINTERS FAMILY POWERS, BOOK 3

The Winters bloodline, originating in the 1600s, were naturally the most powerful bloodline in the world, given many gifts but the most intriguing one, resurrection. From what we know about resurrection in the typical magical world is that it is impossible, but no, not for this family. Not only can they bring other members of their families back, but can be brought back to life by any other witch or wizard with the correct magic.

This book consists of a guide. As stated previously, when a member of the Winters family dies, they can be brought back through a series of dark magic and harsh spells. It can be difficult, but the possibilities lie in the witch or wizard's hands.

WARNING: performing these spells may lead to your downfall. Countless records state the deaths of witches and wizards who died in an attempt to bring back their loved ones. Read every step with caution, be patient, and most importantly, be safe.

Harry absorbed every blotch of ink, every single word as he read through the introduction, a glint of hope hidden behind his glasses.

She didn't have to be gone forever, not if he took the risk, not if he did it carefully.

And so what? Even if it did kill him in the process, he'd get to be with her either way.

They were built for eternity, and he wasn't going to let any chances slip through his fingers.

Harry was going to bring back Charlotte Hope Lupin no matter what it took. Time was nothing to him. He would research more, he'd learn every word in the book until he could recite it. He would uncover every detail of his girlfriends bloodline until he knew it all, until he got her back.

This was their one last chance, and he was taking it.

A/N

Short and snappy but whatevs

I'm so so so so so excited for this book brother what even

Qotd: what would you like to see in this book because there are so many opportunities...what would you like from each character?

Harry.

Lottie.

Adelaide.

Remus.

James.

Sirius.

Lily.

Erin.

Kaycie.

Theo.

Alex.

Sophia.

Emily.

Extras.

Word count: 1193