chapter 9

After some training. Ruby has gotten faster and faster. As Thor's hammer  chases her around, going faster and faster with each lap around a circle.

Thor mostly sits back and swigs flasks of alcohol. 

Thor: That's enough for today.

Thor snaps his fingers as his hammer returns to him.

Ruby: Thor. I got some questions for you?

Thor: Good thing I got some alcohol then.

Ruby: You know a lot about the great wolf, don't you?

Thor: Yeah. There were only two great wolves I knew of. I fought them both. It was fun.

Ruby: So let me make sure I got events right.  Mom kills Garm, Fenrir and mom kill each other?

Thor: Get to the point.

Ruby: Why did mom go after Garm? Was it because of my dad?

Thor began to laugh.

Thor: I don't know what that old bird told you, but your mother never cared about your old man. Well, maybe at one point. But then he picked Raven.

Ruby: Raven?

Thor: Yeah. Qrow's sister. He didn't tell you he had one?

Ruby: No.

Thor: Well then. Let me enlighten you. Way before you were even thought of. Ozma got together a bunch of misfits. Now your dad, he wasn't like the rest of us. He didn't have the stomach for it.  Neither did Raven.  Now your mother wanted your father, but he didn't want to be with such a monster. Nobody knew just what she'd do.

Thor swigs his flask again before putting it away.

Thor: *Sigh* Eventually Raven and Tai ran away. Then they had a kid, Yang.

Ruby looked a little surprised.

Thor: Qrow took Yang. But that meant he knew where they were, Summer coerced the information our of him. Then she paid Tai a visit while Raven was searching for Yang. Kept him prisoner for days, then she came back and bragged about it. The pregnancy let us know that she wasn't kidding.  And nobody blamed him when he killed himself.

Ruby looked shocked at the last part.

Thor: He wasn't a bad person. He fell into the wrong crowd. He thought he escaped, turns out that he didn't.  And now your here, the byproduct. 

Ruby looked a little sad about this realization.

Thor: Hey! Chin up. You are not her. You are you. What you chose to be is what you are.

Ruby smiles and nods.

Thor: Now. I think your ready to fight the wolf again. I'll help you get that fight. Just be ready for my instructions.

Ruby looks confused but nods.

Thor walks away.

Salem is in her office. She shuffles papers around. Suddenly the window behind her smashes open and Thor flys down in front of her.

Salem: I have a perfectly working elevator.

Thor: I'll cut to the chase. I want the wolf to go to the corrodinates I am about to give you, alone. 

Salem: And why would I make one of my students fight you?

Thor: He isn't fighting me. He is fighting Ruby Rose.

Salem: What's your angle, Thor?

Thor didn't seem to answer

Salem: Do you even know why you do anything? Or do you just seek whatever thrill comes your way?

Thor: Perhaps I seek not only to die in battle, but to create strong warriors.

Salem: I will make you no promises. His life is not mine to throw away. Give me your word it will be a one on one battle.

Thor: I wouldn't waste a good fight. Even if I'm just a spectator. Besides, I trained her. No point in wasting my time.

Salem: Fine. I'll let him know.  But if this is a trap.

Thor: Yeah-yeah, whatever.

Thor flys out of the room back through the window.

As expected, Y/n is willing to accept the challenge.

Y/n arrives at the coordinates, an open field with woods surrounding it. A perfect battlefield.

Thor sits in a foldable chair as he sips his flask.

Y/n: Where's Ruby?

Thor chuckles.

Thor: Give it a second.

Ruby speeds next to Thor from the woods.

Ruby: Hey there. Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

Y/n was about to transform, but suddenly he felt electricity run through his body. He screamed as he struggled to stay up.

Thor: Really? I know it's you, Nikola.

Figures started appearing from the wooded area. Y/n was able to withstand the shock and stayed standing.

Nikola: Hello, Thor.

Thor: This isn't your fight.

Nikola: You know how mercenary work goes. Besides, you brought me two contracts I have. 

Thor: Never thought you'd be dumb enough to take a contract for my head.

Nikola: It isn't for you. The contracts are for Ruby Rose, and Y/n L/n.

Ruby and Y/n look at each other.

Ruby: Well that changes things, don't it?

Y/n: I suppose it does.

Ruby: Shall we?

Y/n: After you.

Ruby smirks and extends crescent rose as she speeds ahead and cuts one of the mercenaries in half before they can react.

Nikola: Shit!

Nikola pulls out an lighting gun. Thor grabs his hammer and swings it into Nikola's chest, sending him flying back into a tree.

Nikola hits the ground and groans as he gets back up.

Thor smirks. Suddenly he hears the sound of a raven. Thor blocks upwards as he sees Raven slashing down at him. The two weapons clash.

Thor: Figures. I should've known you'd want the kid dead.

Raven: Thor! Step aside or die!

Thor laughs as he smacks Raven away.

Thor: Try it!