chapter 3

The battle begins. Weiss creates an ice wall that separates Cinder from Mercury and Emerald. Weiss dashes towards Cinder and goes for a stab that Cinder dodges. 

Mercury and Emerald don't look towards the wall as Blake and Yang charge for them.

Blake jumps over Emerald who makes the mistake of watching her. Yang takes the opportunity and punches Emerald in the cheek and sends her flying backwards.

Mercury kicks her away and takes a defensive posture.  However he finds himself shot a few times in the back by Blake. Mercury's aura holds and  he begins to dodge the shots. 

Ruby begins to attack Y/n with a barrage of attacks, Y/n blocks every attacks with only nanoseconds to spare.   Y/n manages to dodge and hit Ruby with his bat, sending her backwards. Ruby began to get frustrated.

Ruby: Take this seriously damn you! 

Ruby begins to pace back and forth in the same spot. 

Ruby: Come on! Give me what I want, damn you!

Y/n stayed silent for a moment.

Y/n: Show me that I need it then.

Ruby smirked and charged again, this time her attack was dodged over and over.  Y/n then attacked but Ruby dodged it and sliced at Y/n. The attack hit and Y/n lost some aura.

Y/n backed up and readied himself. 

Blake and Yang continue to fight Mercury and Emerald. Mercury and Emerald can't regroup as they find Blake and Yang keeping them separated.   

Mercury rushes towards Yang and blocks her punches with his legs, but finds that Blake jumps over Yang and kicks Mercury away. 

Cinder and Weiss continue to duel, Cinder can't land a solid hit. But Weiss can't land one either.   The two continue to go back and forth, not really getting anywhere in their battle. 

Yang manages to pin Emerald against a tree and holds her by the neck. She begins to beat Emerald mercilessly. 

Y/n notices but can't get close with Ruby blocking his way.  But he hasn't revealed his whole hand yet.  He presses a button on his bat and the top opens up to reveal small rockets inside.

He aims the bat and fires at Ruby, she dodges but she doesn't realize that it's target is actually Yang.  The rocket hits Yang in the side who goes flying to the left.  Emerald falls down unconscious against the tree.

Ruby looks on and smiles, she turns back to face Y/n.

Ruby: You are full of surprises aren't you, wolfie? Wonderful!

Ruby charges again and slides past Y/n and goes for a slash.  Y/n blocks the attack and goes for his own strike that she dodges. 

The two continue to fight as Mercury now finds himself outnumbered.  He begins to stall for time and just dodges the attacks of Blake and Yang.

Cinder and Weiss continue to have a stalemate, neither of them being truly able to land a hit on the other.

The group continues to fight for some time, until Mercury finds the numbers game too much to handle and is knocked out. 

Cinder suddenly finds that Blake and Yang join Weiss in the battle. Cinder is having major issues keeping up with the three of them. 

Y/n sess this and sighs as he drops his bat, this causes Ruby to smile widely.

Y/n turns into his second form.

Ruby: Girls! Finish her off and help me out!

Before Ruby could do anything, Y/n dashed past her and in a few seconds grabbed Blake and slammed her on the ground.  The ground broke from the impact as Blake was knocked unconscious.

Yang and Weiss dashed to the sides and attempted to catch Y/n in the middle. But Y/n with ease took both strikes and sent the two flying.

Ruby laughs and readies her weapon. But Y/n gets sent flying by an unseen force.

Ruby scoffs as she realizes what is going on.

Ruby: Really, Glynda!

Glynda goodwitch appears and sends Y/n through a tree.

Y/n gets up and stands his ground. Glynda can't move him now. But he can't move either.

Glynda: Don't just stand there and kill him!

Ruby sighs and goes to dash but is met by Cinder.

Cinder: Your fighting me now!

Ruby smiles and charges for Cinder. Glynda scoffs and continues to hold Y/n in place.

Minutes go by and Glynda starts to get tired from all this concentration. She notices Y/n's fingers start to move. A sign that she is faltering.

Glynda grits her teeth and lets go and attempts to send Y/n flying. But in an instant he was behind her and punches her into the ground.

Y/n howls in victory but his joy was cut short as he was sent flying forwards by a hammer.

Y/n sees Nora looking at him with a smirk.

Jaune appears.

Jaune: Ruby! We're leaving. We got what we came for.

Ruby: Oh come on! It was getting fun!

Jaune: I am not saving you twice today!

Ruby scoffs.  Nora grabs Blake and Yang while Ren grabs Weiss. Jaune throws smoke grenades and everyone retreats.

Y/n notices that even Glynda was able to escape. But no matter, defeat is certain for the bad guys if they can't hurt Y/n.