chapter 8

Ozma is furious with the failure to kill Y/n.

Ozma slams his fist onto his throne.

Ozma: You ran away!?  

Thor: It was so annoying. it isn't like it was almost two decades ago. At least when someone interrupted a fight they'd at least be worth something.  Now it's nothing but flys on a wall. 

Baldur: We can destroy him at our leisure at this point.

Ozma: May I remind you that the last time you let your hubris get the better of you, you failed!

Thor: Yeah. But now we just want one good last fight. If we die so be it.

The rest nod and walk away. 

Thor walks past Ruby.

Thor: Hey, talk with me for a minute.

Ruby looked confused but followed him out the room.

Thor: Seeing you in action, reminds me of your mom.

Ruby: You knew her?

Thor: Enough to know how much of a damn monster of a person she was.  Shame what she did to your old man.

Ruby: What did she do to him?

Thor: Nobody told you? Surprised about that one. Everybody around at that time knew about it. After all Summer bragged about it. How she defeated Taiyang and did what she wanted for days. 

Ruby: She raped him?

Thor: Do I have to spell it out for you? Yeah. She came back and bragged about it. It's what caused Tai to kill himself after all.

Ruby: Hmm. I can see now why people didn't like my mother very much.

Thor laughs.

Thor: That old bird Qrow did. Must have been heartbreaking to know that she'd rather force somebody else than have your consent.

Qrow appears

Qrow: This old bird is right here.

Thor: And you haven't been honest with the little flower.

Qrow: That isn't your concern, Thor!

Thor: Oh I think it is. After all Tai was our friend. And yet I remember your scythe stopped my hammer from bashing her skull in.

Qrow: That was for Ruby's sake, not Summer's!

Thor: And how the hell did you know she was pregnant?! Did she tell you before she bragged to all of us about what she did?!

Qrow stayed silent.

Thor: I didn't think so. You can lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me. You loved her even after what she did. You would've enabled her to continue to be a monster.

Qrow folded his arms and looks at Thor.

Qrow: What is your point.

Thor looks at Ruby.

Thor: You want to fight the wolf? I'll help you. You ain't as bad as your mother.

Ruby smiles and nods.

Thor walks away.

Ruby: You didn't tell me anything about that, Qrow.

Qrow: I didn't want you to feel guilty about it.  To be a byproduct of what she did to make you. 

Ruby: Tell me the story then. Unless you think I am dumb enough to believe that she just randomly selected my father.

Qrow sighs.

Qrow: No. When we were your age, my sister and I wanted a life away from our tribe. So we joined up with some mercs, there we found your mother and Taiyang.  Eventually we found our way into Ozma's forces.  But my sister and Tai wanted out. They eloped together.  Of course your mother wanted Tai and was furious. I'm assuming that her ego couldn't handle the idea of not being picked.

Ruby: So why didn't your sister hunt my mother?

Qrow: She was too busy trying to get Yang back.

Ruby: Yang? You told me that Yang and I had the same mother.

Qrow: That wasn't true. Tai is the father to you both, but Raven is Yang's mother. My sister. We battled many times. If she would've ever found Yang then she would've gone after your mother next.

Ruby: Well. At least I know now.

Qrow: If you want to take Thor's training, do it. But be careful. He isn't the soft type.

Ruby nods and walks away to find Thor.

Thor is waiting for her outside the castle.

Thor: Good. You are ready for my training. One day I hope to train my sons how to fight. So for now I will practice by training you. Draw your weapon.

Ruby draws her weapon.

Thor: You will be fighting a great wolf, until you are strong enough you must rely on speed. I saw you use that semblance too much.  Dodge.

Thor throws his hammer as Ruby dodges it. It continues to seek her out to try and hit her.

Thor: Good. Keep going and eventually you will be almost as fast on your own. Amplify that with the semblance and nobody can catch you. 

Ruby continues to dodge the hammer. Marking the beginning of her training with this experienced hunter