𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙 - II

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong with 'if'?!" The king growled back in question.

You see, he wasn't the type to second guess himself, but when it came to matters of the heart and Daphné he always seemed stuck in limbo. His wolf's daunting tone was not of any help to his overthinking on the upcoming conversation.

"It's invaliding, and cruel. You're not sorry if you hurt her feelings or if she felt as though anything. You are sorry period. That's how you start and lead from there." Raphael scolded as he muttered something about being bound to a nitwit.

"Okay, from the beginning I guess. Daphné I—" The King spoke aloud, originally directing his response to his wolf but halting when his mate's door swung open to reveal a maid.

They paused and glanced at one another in shock before formalities kicked in.

"Your majesty." The hand maiden bowed deeply.

"Arielle." He greeted back curtly, his eyes fixated on the fleeting glimpse of his mate scurrying about the space. Probably adding last minute touches to an outfit the king knew to be ravishing.

He wanted to get closer, he itched to be reunited with his love and he wishes desperately she'd forgive him despite his flaws.

He glanced down et the maid when he finally noticed she had not budged from her place in the doorway.

He raised an eyebrow at her quizzically.

He hadn't known his wife's new hand maiden all that well. In regards to her, every aspect was a mystery.

One second his wife was in need of new staff the next she was here. Apparently, she was a perfect fit for a Queen's handmaiden, background wise she had trained for the position as maiden to foreign duchesses across the sea.

She was good at her job as far as he could tell. His wife only sung her praises.

'A loyal and meticulous servant to the crown,' she'd always state with a pleased smile.

Loyal and meticulous. Those words rang loudly in the kings head, it made the stalling all the more confusing. It was obvious she wouldn't permit him to enter by her chilling demeanor.

Him, the King.

"The Queen does not wish to see you." She bowed as she muttered out her response, immediately moving to close the door the moment she stood upright.

"Well, I very much wish to see her." His voice carried into the room, causing the Queen to halt where she stood binding the corset of her dress. Or rather she was pacing as her tailor Hildegard was trying to bind her corset.

"I need it loose for Goddess sake, I'm feeling as though it's choking me." The Queen had snarled breathlessly moments ago as she fought to get free of all the layers of lace and all the materials she had been swimming in.

She looked gorgeous, of course. Every etching and design in her garment had been hand stitched from the moment the heir to the throne was born. Her dress was like a tapestry of his ancestry.