Chapter 1: Make You Mine

———
No one wanted to play with me as a little kid
So I've been scheming like a criminal ever since
To make them love me and make it seem effortless
This is the first time I've felt the need to confess

———

Mon's POV

KHUN SAM is my idol. I met her twelve years ago, and I have not forgotten her ever since, the way she smiled, and the way she protected me from those bullies from school. I promised myself that I will follow her footsteps, and that means being perfect by always being on top of our class, I did everything in my power to be able to go to the university where she studied, and when I found out about her having her own company, I made it my goal to work there so that I can get to be with my idol.

I know everything there is to know about Khun Sam. I bought every magazine that has her pictures and interviews; I watched every show and news about her, read articles to know everything I have to, her interests, favourites and even her routine, so that it would make us closer when we finally meet again.

It was a series of us accidentally bumping into each other, but more of me wanting to stare at her up close. The pictures in those magazines didn't do her justice.

Getting close to her wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. She wasn't the Khun Sam I used to remember; she was cold; her face was emotionless and my workmates at our office feared her — I didn't. There's something about her bossy demeanour that just makes me want her more, but there's just one problem... I don't know if she wants me the way I do, but I don't care. It doesn't matter. I'll have Khun Sam one way or another.

"Aww I don't know why she has Khun Kirk, I mean he's too kind to be with someone as cold as her."

"Aren't they just business partners?" I asked Noi, she had a few drinks and was telling everyone about her huge crush on one of our bosses.

"Lady Boss is engaged to Khun Kirk," she sighed.

I gripped my chopsticks, this was information I wasn't aware of, I didn't know Khun Sam was engaged, it wasn't mentioned in any news, Noi and my other workmates were talking a lot of things about Khun Sam, about how I should be careful in the office and that I wouldn't want to be on her bad side, I couldn't help but feel protective of her when they were starting to badmouth her, but I decided to just let it slide since they were clearly a bit drunk, I was on my way home and saw Khun Sam, apparently she heard me defend her in front of my colleagues, she called for a VIP taxi for me and I finally got one of the things I need, her contact number, she told me to text her if I got home safely which I didn't right away, I wanted her to think of me, to worry about me.

The next day, Khun Sam gathered all of us to ask what could be our ideas for diversity pop, everyone was shocked when I opened my mouth, Noi who was seated beside me looked like she wanted to stop me, but I had Khun Sam's attention, I wanted to smirk when her eyes locked with mine, she was impressed, she told me to present my proposals that would need her approval, I admit it was hard getting her to say yes, she was a hard woman to please, but that gave me more chance to see her more and more, and when she got a migraine, I was there to take care of her, she was so delicate sleeping on my legs, I almost, almost stole a kiss from her if she had not spoken, I got to take her home and see the place where she lived, I wanted her to invite me in, but I understood that she wasn't feeling well.

I went home that night, but this time I made it known to her that I got home safely, she texted me about how I didn't call, and when I called she told me how I didn't ask her well-being first, it was fun, I knew I was getting somewhere with her, I told her how her attitude is confusing me and what is it that she wants with me, which ended with me crying over the phone, I wanted to know if it would affect her, if my tears would make her feel bad, because I wanted her to and it did, the next day she bought milk tea for everyone, and when she offered it to me, even though I really wanted to take it, I said no, because I know for sure that no one has rejected the Lady Samanun Anuntrakul, and I'd be the first one to do so.