Prologue:The Boy Who Lived

Harry had read the first letter addressed to him countless times, and ever since it arrived, his life had undergone a profound transformation. Hogwarts and the Magical World held so many mysteries he yearned to unravel. Why had Voldemort failed to kill him? What was the reason behind his survival and his confinement to the Dursleys? These questions plagued his mind.

Around twenty years ago, a dark wizard began amassing followers, some drawn to his power and others out of fear. Those were perilous times, as no one knew whom to trust, and forging connections with unfamiliar wizards or witches was dangerous. But Hogwarts remained a sanctuary, thanks to the formidable Dumbledore, the only one You-Know-Who feared at the time.

His parents were exceptional witches and wizards in their own right, even being head boy and girl at Hogwarts. The mystery lay in why Voldemort had never attempted to win them over to his side. Perhaps he knew they were close to Dumbledore, disinterest in the Dark Side. No one knows for sure.

On that fateful Halloween night ten years ago, Voldemort appeared in their village and killed Harry's parents. He then turned his malevolent gaze on baby Harry, attempting to finish the job. Yet, something extraordinary happened - the killing curse rebounded, leaving Harry with a lightning-shaped scar. That single act made him famous, as no one else had survived Voldemort's attempts on their life.

Recalling the memories of that night, Harry felt a newfound determination to uncover every piece of information about his parents and the magical world. He eagerly dived into books, particularly "Hogwarts: A History," which captivated him with its magical lore. He worked hard to catch up with his magical peers and looked forward to studying potions, aspiring to be just like his father in Quidditch and making his mother proud by becoming a perfect student and head boy.

The days of confinement in the cupboard were behind him now, and Harry was determined to make the most of his newfound life of magic and knowledge.