I always admired her for that. Part 12

Y/n's pov

"Do you have a personal reference of how you would like the flowers?." Asked the woman as she started to put flowers in a bouquet.

"Ah no, thank you we were just taking them to see a friend." Said my mother.

The woman nodded sympathetically and wrapped the bouquet in a delicate tissue paper.

She handed it to us and said, "I hope your friend likes them. They are very special flowers."

We thanked her and paid for the flowers, then left the shop.

The air outside was crisp and fresh, and I breathed in the scent of the countryside.It was so pretty and fragrant.

"Can I hold them?" I asked her, hoping to get a closer look at the bouquet.

She nodded and handed me the flowers. They felt warm and fragrant in my hands. I admired the different shapes and f/c of the petals.

"What do you think we should get for dinner?" Mom asked me, breaking my reverie.

"Ooh, we should get room service." I suggested, thinking of the hotel we were staying at. I loved ordering food from the menu and eating it in bed.It made me feel special and pampered.

Mom sighed and looked at me. "Gosh, you're so expensive." She said with a mock frown. She reached over and ruffled my hair.

I giggled while trying to get her hand off my head. "You love me anyway." I said.

She smiled and kissed my cheek. "Yes, I do." She said.

We strolled along the path that led to the cemetery. The sun was setting, casting a golden glow over the rows of tombstones.

We saw some visitors carrying bouquets of roses or lilies for their departed ones, their faces solemn and respectful.

When we arrived at my grave, I was touched to see fresh flowers on it, courtesy of the kind volunteers who tended to the resting places of the forgotten.

Behind my grave, a tall tree stood proudly, its branches reaching for the sky. It made my spot look more beautiful and peaceful.

I couldn't help but smile as she picked up the flowers from my hand and replaced the flowers in the vase.

She stepped back and looked at the grave with a sad smile. She traced the letters of my name with her finger, then whispered, "I miss you so much, y/n. You were my best friend." She wiped a tear from her eye and sat down on the grass next to the grave.

She told my grave about her day, her work, her friends, and everything that was going on in her life.

She made it sound like I was still there, listening to her. She always did that, every time we visited.

It was a sweet way to grieve. But it can turn into an unhealthy way as well. I thought as she talked to her about how happy she is.

I thought as I listened to her talk about how happy she was.

I walked over to her and sat down next to her. I prayed silently for her happiness and peace. I stared at the sky and recalled what Aqua had said.

"I feel depressed when I think of my previous life." Aqua said to me

"Why?" I asked while looking at him.

"Just having to work all the time, as a preschooler, all I can do is eat, sleep, and read books, and even do as I please." He said with a smile on how pleased he was about his life.