"Are you supposed to be here?" part 7

Y/n pov

I never expected to get a second chance, nor die so fast with my life, But even more shocking was the fact that I got reborn as my best friend's daughter.

"Y/n!" I heard the bubbly voice of my mother Aella as she entered the nursery. She smiled brightly as she saw me sitting up in the crib, looking at her with curiosity.

She walked over to me and picked me up gently, cuddling me close to her chest. "How's my little angel today?" she cooed, kissing my forehead.

I felt a surge of affection for her, even though she wasn't really my mother. She was so kind and loving, and she treated me like her own flesh and blood.

She carried me to the kitchen, where she prepared a bottle of milk for me. She sat down on the couch and fed me the bottle, humming softly.

I drank the milk eagerly, feeling hungry and thirsty. I looked at her face and noticed how beautiful she was. She barely has changed. You can tell that she now puts her hair up in a low ponytail on a daily basis.though she does have the same eyes as me they still have that sparkle of that joy and love in her eyes,

She noticed me staring at her and smiled. "What are you thinking about, sweetie?" she asked.

I wanted to tell her the truth. I wanted to tell her that I was not her daughter, but her old best friend. I wanted to tell her that I remembered everything from my previous life, and that I missed it terribly.

But I couldn't. I couldn't speak yet. And even if I could, I knew it would only hurt her and Aaron.

So I just smiled back at her and made a cute noise.

She laughed and kissed my cheek. "You're such a smart and adorable baby," she said. "I love you so much."

I felt a pang of guilt in my chest. I loved her too, but not as a daughter should love her mother.

I wondered if this was a blessing or a curse.

But I decided to at least enjoy it while it lasted.

As we were cuddling on the couch, we heard the door open and close.

"Hey honey, hey princess!" It was Aaron's voice.

He walked into the living room with a big grin on his face.

He saw us on the couch and his grin widened.

He came over to us and kissed Aella on the lips.

"Hi babe," he said.

Then he looked at me and smiled.

"Hi Y/n," he said.

He reached out his hand and tickled my chin.

I giggled and grabbed his finger.

He lifted me up from Aella's lap and held me in his arms.

He changed his face and looked at Aella.

"Did you hear what happened to Amamiya-kun?" he asked while using his thumb for me to hold. I kinda wanna chomp on it.

"Did they find him?" She asked with hope in her eyes

"No," he said sadly. "They stopped looking for him. They declared him dead."

I felt myself in shock that Gorou died. He was my best friend and lover in my previous life. We grew up together, went to school together, shared our dreams and secrets together. I had to hold myself from not crying.

"You're kidding." She put a hand on her mouth.

"I wish I was," he said. "But it's true. They found his car at the hospital, but no sign of him."