Chapter One

Cece walked down the street holding her phone in her left hand and a tote bag draped over her right shoulder. She walks towards the docks, heading towards her dad's boat. At the end of the dock she sees figures running, a boy and a girl. The boy bumps into her almost knocking her over, "Hey!" She whips around readjusting her tote bag. She sees who it is and promptly sticks up her middle finger, "Screw you JJ!" She looks a down in her bag, "What the fuck?" She looks back up at the two running, "You stole my money!" The two figures stop about five feet in front of her turning around.

"You did what?" the girl, Kiara, slaps JJ in the stomach.

"Well, we bumped into each other and my hand accidentally fell into her bag and took the cash," JJ takes the money out of his pocket and starts walking towards her.

Cece shakes her head, "You know what JJ, just keep it. You obviously need it more than me, it's just fifty bucks anyways." JJ laughs and Kiara smacks him the the shoulder again. Cece turns around and starts walking to her boat.

She hears footsteps behind her then a hand on her shoulder. Kiara turns her around and puts the cash in Cece's hand, "We don't need free hand outs."

"It's not a free hand out, your boy toy stole it from me," Cece looks at JJ, who just waved at her, "and I know you don't need it, but he does." Cece backs up, "Catch!" She throws the money clip at JJ and he gracefully catches it. Cece rolled her eyes at Kiara and heads back to her boat.

"Thank you, Sugar Mama!" JJ yells before running off with Kiara. Cece sticks up her middle finger one last time before stepping onto the boat.

"What took you so long?" Topper looks up at her.

"Nothing, I just walk slow," Cece smiles stealing a chip from his bowl.

"You're so funny," Topper slaps her hand, but is too late and she pops the chip in her mouth chewing loudly. "Could you be any grosser?"

Ignoring his rhetorical question Cece looks around the empty boat, "Where's my dad?" Topper shrugs and pulls out his phone. "Wow! I'm glad you care about your uncle."

He stands up and walks toward the exit of the boat, "It's not like he's paying my tuition or anything. Anyways, I'm going to meet Sarah I'll see you later." Topper leaves the boat as Cece's father, Tom enters.

"Ready to head home, Squirt," Tom smiles at Cece.

~

Cece's legs dangle into the water as she's sat at the edge of her dock. She moves her legs back and forth slowly, the water being cold whereas the air being hot. "Cece! Cece!" footsteps coming running toward her, she turns around to see Sarah. "I went to the crystal shop with Topper today! Look at this quartz!" Sarah sits down next to Cece, letting her legs dangle into the water.

"Holy shit! Is that the quartz you wanted for Christmas?" Cece's eyes light up as Sarah hands her the crystal.

Sarah nods, "Topper bought it for me! God! Isn't he just the best boyfriend?!" Sarah lays on her back. "The stars are pretty tonight." Sarah grabs Cece's arm and pulls her down, so she lays down and looks at the sky. "Look! The big dipper!"

Cece follows Sarah's hand that points at the constellation, "I think this is the first time I've seen the big dipper."

Cece laughs as Sarah sits up, "No way! What?!" Cece nods, "That's ridiculous! How have you not seen the big dipper before?"

"I don't know, I just haven't," Cece laughs at Sarah's reaction. Sarah's shock turns into laughter, soon the two are a laughing mess.

"What the hell is happening?" Topper looks at the two girls as they continue to laugh. He sits down next to Sarah and kisses her on the cheek, "What's so funny?"

Sarah and Cece stop laughing. "It's nothing," Sarah clears her throat. She looks at Cece and snickers. "Um... Are you guys having a family dinner tonight?"

Topper nods, putting an arm around Sarah's shoulder, "Yeah, Aunt Adora said you could come if you wanted to."

"You should totally come," Cece smiles at Sarah, "It'll be the last family thing before the predicted hurricane!" Cece wiggles her fingers in Sarah's face. "I'm still good to come over for a hurricane party right?"

Sarah grabs Cece's hand, "Of course!" She turns toward Topper, "But my dad still doesn't trust you, so no invite. Sorry."

Topper shrugs, "It's okay." He kisses her on the lips and Cece turns away.

"Gross PDA! You are corrupting my innocent brain!" Cece gags and throws her hands over her eyes. Sarah laughs, making exaggerated kissing noises as Cece gags louder. Topper and Sarah pull away from each other, "You guys sicken me."

"Come on! It's not that bad, I mean we had to put up with you and Carter last summer," Topper rolls his eyes.

Sarah gasps, "Omg! You are so right! I forgot about Carter!"

"Can we not talk about Carter?" Cece shakes her head.

"I remember catching you two having sex in your family boat!" Sarah laughs. Topper laughs and Cece buries her face in her hands in embarrassment. "You can't say anything about PDA. Carter was like the king of PDA! I can't believe you actually dated him!"

Cece sighs, "I can't believe it either!"