Ch. 19 ➖ Condition

Start from the beginning

Jungkook smiled hearing his uncle's sarcastic answer, he really does wish that he has that kind of courage.

Mr. Jeon smiled and reluctantly placed the newspaper aside, trying to look as if TOP's words didn't anger him.
"Alright then. So little brother, where did you go last night?" he hoped that through highlighting the word 'little' would make his brother feel the full extent of the word.

"None of your business. But, thank you for the concern though, big bro." with TOP's baritone voice, he emphasized the word big just for the heck of it.

"Well, we can't have you running around town tarnishing the Jeon family name, now could we?" Mr. Jeon raised one of his brows to his brother while smiling satirically.

"Of course not brother, I would never do anything to tarnish this family's unquestionable reputation, right?" TOP returned his brother's smile with his own mocking one.

"Now, now, boys, settle down. We don't want this kind of conversation very early in the morning." Mrs. Jeon tried to halt the two before this escalated even further because she knows how the brothers can be physical when fighting.

"Besides, have you forgotten about your brother's condition? It was a full moon last night." Mrs. Jeon added.

"Condition?" Jungkook stopped eating. It was his first time hearing of his uncle's problems.

"Oh! nobody told you?" Mrs. Jeon was genuinely surprised that his son didn't know. Seeing the dumbfounded look of his son and the stare the brothers had on her, she understood the answer to her question, so she continued "Your uncle here have some severe insomnia during full moons, a very rare condition if you ask me."

"A very stupid one, if you ask me." Mr. Jeon tauntingly responded.

"Well, nobody was asking you." TOP gritted through his teeth. His fists have formed into a ball, trying to contain his anger and afraid that he might lash out.

Seeing his brother's reaction, Mr. Jeon scoffed.

"careful brother," TOP warned, "it's never too late to trigger this condition." he looked at his brother with distaste but then as he looked at his nephew, his eyes softened with concern, "After all, it is hereditary."

TOP's words felt ominous to Jungkook, it didn't help when TOP stood up and left the dining table with leftovers on his plate, a very rare occurrence.

Jungkook looked at his father, waiting for an explanation of what had happened.

"Do not worry about it, son. Only stupid people can have that condition. And we are not stupid, aren't we?" Mr. Jeon said, totally misunderstanding what his son's look meant.

My dad is an ass. Jungkook thought to himself. He is like that to him and his mom, so he will probably be like that to his own brother, why am I not surprised.

But the thought that his uncle's condition was hereditary was making Jungkook feel uneasy. Would that mean I can have it too? But, then again it's just insomnia. It can't be that bad, right? Right?

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

True to her word, Mrs. Jeon has coordinated with the nearest hospital about the blood drive they will be conducting by the end of the week.