Ch. 4 ➖ You

To compensate for what he did this morning, or what he failed to do rather, Taehyung agreed to treat Jisoo with lunch. But due to her convincing power, the gesture extended to the three girls. Well, that was what they were made to believe.

For them to be able to protect them, the two must get closer to the group. And one of the simplest way to do that was to eat with them.

The five of them, Taehyung and the four ladies, were already at the canteen. Upon telling Taehyung what they wanted for lunch, they seated at one of the tables and decided to wait for him so that they would go together to the outside sitting.

"So what's the deal with you and Taehyung?" It was Rosè who cracked the silence first. But it was a burning question that another girl was itching to ask.

"Oh him? He's just an idiot that follows me around." The girl spoke. Looking at the reaction of the three girls in front of her and the glare the boy was sending across the hall, Jisoo bursted out laughing.

"Oh my goodness, you should have seen your faces." She tried to stop laughing to explain it properly, seeing that nobody was finding it amusing.

"He's currently my housemate. My parents and his are close friends, business partners, and travel buddies. They are currently traveling the world right now and since me and Tae needs to finish school, they let us stay here." Jisoo stated the script they have used countless of times. One of the girls however noted the nickname Jisoo used for the boy.

"My parents would never allow me to live with my boyfriend. You are so lucky." Rosè enthusiastically commented making one of the girls feel a tinge of disappointment.

Taehyung, suddenly felt an irritation towards the girl who seems to be insinuating that he and Jisoo has a relationship. Luckily, Jisoo was there to explain it. "Oh gosh no! We're just friends, or probably family would better define us."

If only Jisoo would have stopped there. However, she continued "I would rather date my bed, than to date that guy. He doesn't have any affectionate bone in his body." The boy frowned in the distance. Leave it to Jisoo Kim to be the worst wing man ever. He thought.

You idiot. Taehyung whispered loud enough for Jisoo to hear across the hall. The girl just snickered.

"Well anyways, I guess the winds are changing. Can I share with you guys a secret?" Jisoo leaned in closer to the three.

"I feel that the reason why Tae left so early in the morning earlier is because he have himself a girl. But don't tell him I told you that, okay?" She whispered knowing that the subject of their discussion is listening in.

With those words Jennie's heart started to beat faster, heat rushed all over her body. A change that any vampire would notice. Jisoo felt content that her words were effective on her.

"Well anyways, good luck to who ever that girl is." She smirked.

Thankfully for Taehyung, he was already able to return to the table with the tray of food in hand. For the past 10 minutes, he went through a roller coaster of emotions. He didn't know if asking Jisoo for help was really, well, helpful.

But when his gaze met Jennie's, both of them smiling, he knew that he made the right choice.

➖➖➖2 weeks time skip➖➖➖

She was brushing her golden locks facing the vanity mirror, a routine she does every night. 100 gentle brush strokes she counts mentally.

.
.

56.

57.

58.

"You look awfully comfortable." A voice came from behind.