CHAPTER 13

❦

{two weeks later}

Today was the day that my parents wanted to come back home from their overly long business trip to God knows where.

To my surprise I was looking forward to seeing them again, but maybe it's just because I haven't seen them in a while, which meant that I had my freedom. It didn't feel like it but I guess that's how life goes.

I was laying in bed, not feeling good at all. My period had started and my hormones was playing some sort of games on me, just like my mood.

I honestly could take some doses of Marcus's energy and motivation speeches, but he wasn't here and I didn't feel like calling him or anything.

Snapping out of my thoughts I heard the front door down stairs clinking before opening and then a male voice followed suit.

"Haylie, sweetheart!" I hummed in response before realizing that he couldn't hear me. I stood up a little hesitantly but went downstairs anyway.

Stepping off of the last step I looked at my parents smiling faces with hint of tiredness behind them. I also noticed the many bags they held. I could swear that when they had left 3 weeks ago, the bags they carried were half the amount they carried now. But then again they're Africans, Ghanaians to that, so I'm not even surprised.

Walking around the bags to hug them I pulled back and turned around. "Hello, young girl?" I internally groaned out of frustration as she grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled me back harshly. "What!" I asked her trough gritted teeth. She scrunched up her face in pure disgust and slapped me. "Don't you dare raise your voice at me, abaayewa!" "Alright now, gyae." My dad interrupted our little argument.

- 1. Girl 2. Stop it! -

He always interfered when it was too late, specifically after she had laid her hands on me.

"Whatever, mekɔ me dan mu.." I whispered exhausted. Not having the slightest nerves to deal with her today. Just wanting to lay down and relax, without worrying too much. And that's exactly what I did.

When I had returned to my room and opened my phone I saw the many notifications I had on instagram and Snapchat.

It was Marcus that had followed me and added me in snap, I also noticed that Keith had also done the same.

'What actual fuck is happening?'

I asked myself surprised before accepting their requests on snap and also following them on instagram. Getting distracted by the many videos I had received from Marcus, I finally left out of the chat and chose to post a picture of me that I had once taken, but forgot about.