"Aren't you cold?" I ask, wrapping an arm around her cold shoulders.

She nods. "Beauty is pain."

We walk to my house and I knock. My mum opens the door and she smiles. "You both look beautiful. Daniel come here!" she exclaims.

"Mum." I try to say.

We walked inside and my stepdad and Anoushka's dad were sitting at the table. "You two look nice." my stepdad compliments.

Anoushia smiles and says thank you. We sit down at the table and her dad goes over some rules.

"You two will be together the whole night." her dad says. "And you'll be called to the stage and that's when you'll announce the engagement."

"Anything else?"

"Creighton. I want you to make the speech on the engagement." her dad says.

"Why can't I?" she interrupts.

"Creighton is more responsible." her dad replies.

She rolls her eyes and folds her arms.

"Also don't embarrass us. It someone says something rude, ignore it." her dad continues.

If someone disrespects her she definitely will not ignore it. Neither will I.

"Okay." she says.

"Can we go?" I ask.

My stepdad nods his head. "Take your car Creighton."

We both stand up to leave and her dad calls her name. We both look at him. "You do look beautiful." he tells her.

Her face lights up as she smiles at her father. "Thank you."

She turns to me and I grin at her. I hold my arm out for her and she takes it. "Excited?" I ask her.

"Nervous." she replies. "I'm just not sure if what I'm wearing is fine. I was excited to wear this but after my mum's reaction I realised that I'm probably the only South Asian representative in this gala."

"That's exactly why you should wear this." I tell her. "Excluding the fact that you look absolutely gorgeous, it also shows you representing your culture, Anoushka. If anyone even attempts to say something, I'm there."

She smiled but it wasn't real. The smile didn't meet her eyes like it usually did and I furrow my brows, reaching out to cup her face. She leans into my touch and closes her eyes as if she's savouring the moment. "You okay, baby?" I ask softly.

She opens her eyes to look at me and sadness fills them. "I don't feel beautiful, Creighton." she admits quietly. "I know I'm not the average beauty standard and I know I'm not-"

"If you keep saying things like that, we will not be attending this event and instead I'll spend my day reminding you exactly how beautiful you are."

She blushes but shakes her head. "I know it sounds terrible out loud but I can't control my thoughts."

"You are not the beauty standard, Angel. You are above it. Everything about you is beautiful. From your long hair and even your eyes." I let out a soft laugh. "Anoushka your eyes make me go fucking crazy over you. I love when they light up when you talk about something you love. I love it when the sun hits them at the perfect angle and they glow beautifully and you know what else I love? Your smile. I love seeing your genuine smiles and your laugh. Only you can make my heart race with your laugh. You are the most beautiful person to ever exist and you own me, Anoushka."

She grins before leaning over and kissing me. I deepen the kiss and she cups my cheek. "I love you." she breathes against my lips and my lips curl into a smile. "I love you more, Angel." "i try to kiss her once more but she pecks my cheek instead. "If we continue kissing then we're going to get late."