10

Captain's Omega
Chapter 10

The world of alphas and omegas was a confusing one. You would think that when the world ended, so would this cruel sub-gender dynamic. But the genes were deeply embedded into the human DNA, making it biologically impossible to change. However, survival of the fittest meant those born weak, didn't last very long. The lowest of the genders just so happened to be the most cherished one.

Omegas were not born to be strong. They were frail, small, susceptible to more sickness, and weren't dominant in any way. That was why nature paired them with the stronger and more capable alpha. Since the human race was already declining, that meant omegas were growing more scarce and alphas more desperate.

The fact that you, an omega, were able to slip through the cracks and appear as a beta for so long, was already a lifetime achievement. However, you can admit that you didn't feel as handicapped as your mother said omegas were. In fact, you found yourself being quite swift and witty during training.

That was of course, before your heat and before you fucked an alpha. Now it seemed like the omega inside you turned into a wimpy bitch, and you had no backbone in your body.

It would explain why you hid in your room every chance you got, and it would also explain why you couldn't stand up to the alpha who believes you love him.

An arm slings over your shoulder as you walk to the stables, an annoying voice echoing in your ears as you try your best to ignore him. "So I thought we could escape away for a little while. There hasn't been much to do, and I'm sure no one will notice."

You heard his words, but you kept your eyes trained on the pale of water you were dumping into the bin. You didn't know why he was so persistent with you, just a few days ago he was obsessing over Mikasa. Cringing inwardly, you remembered it was because you had accidentally told him you were an omega. The blackmail that hung over your head felt heavy on your shoulders; there was no way you could get out of this unless Jean gets eaten by a titan.

"What do you say?" He asks enthusiastically, stepping in front of you and forcing you to look at him.

"I would say that sounds dangerous," you stated bluntly, trying to step aside from him.

He followed your step, a smirk on full display on his face. "It's only dangerous if we get caught. Besides, it gives us a bit of excitement," he suggested and you hated the way he made you sound like a couple.

"We have jobs to do, if we get caught slacking off, then titans would be the least of our problems," You remarked smartly, stepping around him to continue to the feed room.

Jean narrowed his eyes after you, following you into the room and snagging your waist. "What's with the attitude? I was just trying to spend time with you," he retorted, his hands squeezing your waist to hold you in place.

You wanted to punch him, or at the very least push him away. Instead, you let a deep sigh blow through your nose. "I'm sorry Jean. I'm just a little on edge. This is new to me, and I'm just worried about getting in trouble."

Jean reaches up to cup your face. "Don't worry baby, I understand. We'll be discrete," he tells you, his voice light and persuasive.

You hated it. You hated everything about him. But you weren't sure if it was because he was Jean, or because a certain Captain was heavy on your mind.

Speaking of that, you wondered when the infamous alpha would come back. It had been a whole week, and no one had any information about when his squad would return. You tried to listen in on the officer's conversations, but no one was even mentioning his name.