20

It was an accident. Well, everyone says that. Human survival instincts will kick in and Minho choked, gripping at the rope and flailing his legs around as soon as he felt the rope tighten around his throat. He couldn't even focus on the pain anymore as the desperation to breathe took over his entire body. Tears swarmed in Minho's eyes as he coughed, trying to pull his body up and failing to do so.

Just then, the door opened and it was Yeori coming to check in on Minho. Yeori had already heard the rumour of a dead body found in the apartment of XX and knowing that it was Minho's apartment, he knew this would just shatter Minho even more. After asking the officers, he immediately ran to the hotel to visit Minho. Seeing what was displayed in front of him, Yeori sprinted to Minho and lifted Minho's legs up before resting it on his shoulders so Minho could breathe.

"Minho, take off the noose." Yeori said, a hint of anger in his voice.

"B-but-"

"I said take off the noose. Now." Yeori demanded. His harsh tone caused Minho to flinch and do as he was told. Yeori set Minho on the bed and crossed his arms across his chest. Minho lowered his head in guilt and to cover the marks on his neck.

"I told you already that it's not your fault." Yeori reprimanded as he looked at Minho in anger and disapproval.

"It's not that fucking easy god damnit! And I saw the body.. I saw the fucking body! That had to be the last image I have of him before knowing that he's actually dead! What will Yumi think of me after that? Actually that's not even important.. How am I supposed to forgive myself after that?" Minho screamed as he stood up, reaching his breaking point.

"It's not easy but you have to keep living Minho! You said that you'd try, this isn't trying! I know it's hard but I know you are strong Minho. How about me and Yumi? Yumi doesn't even know his brother died yet.. If you die too, how would she react? We've already lost a piece of us after hearing about Shu's death, and now you're going to kill yourself?!" Yeori yelled back, poking Minho in the chest as he fumed. Minho flinched and his breathing quickened as he got a quick flashback. His first instinct was to raise his arm up in defence and he tilted his head away from Yeori as he shut his eyes.

"Minho.. Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten so worked up.. Hey, breathe. Look at me." Yeori shook his head and he sat down on the bed next to Minho.

"Yeori..?" Minho mumbled as he slowly lowered his arms.

"Yeah, it's just me buddy. No one else." Yeori nodded.

"Why are you taking care of me? You're fucking broken too.. You save everyone in our group but who saves you? You're barely managing yourself.." Minho cried as he used his thumb to wipe away a tear trickling down his face.

"That's not important right now. You literally just tried to kill yourself.. Never, ever again, okay? Can you promise me that at least?" Yeori stuck out his pinky and Minho hesitated before linking their fingers together.

"Now.. Do you plan on telling Yumi or wait til' she finds out herself?" Yeori sighed as he wrapped his arm around Minho's shoulder. He knew that although Minho rejected it all the time, he actually loved skinship.

"I dunno.." Minho's voice was cut off by a buzz in his phone. Yeori retrieved it from the bedside table and gave it to Minho and Minho's pupils shrunk seeing that it was a text from someone under the user quokka.

quokka
aw did u just try to kill urself? its nice that ur friend arrived in time.. otherwise i wouldnt have been able to admire your pretty face any further. and hi yeori~ nice save, i almost decided to go after you! haha~ anyways, you two enjoy your little session together. minho, ill see you soon~

Yeori read the text on the lockscreen and his head immediately shot up, looking out the window and trying to find anyone who could potentially be stalking them right now but after awhile of scanning, no one seemed to be looking their direction. Minho shivered reading the last sentence and pouted as he rubbed his neck where the rope had strangled him.

"Hey Minho.." Yeori mumbled as he lowered his voice.

"Yeah?" Minho returned his attention to Yeori and looked at him in the eyes.

"Do you really think that.. I'm Yeori?"

a.n

SJSJSJI I ALREADY POSTED THIS IN MY COMMUNITY BUT THANK YALL FOR 100+ FOLLOWERS I REALLY DIDNT EXPECT TO GET THIS FAR SOB 😭😭💙