❛︎ JAMIE LEE CURTIS ❜︎

chapter seven

    I PUSHED the cart down the aisle, ignoring Sidney and Tatum's talk about Billy

    I PUSHED the cart down the aisle, ignoring Sidney and Tatum's talk about Billy. Violet never stepped between Sidney and Billy drama before and she wasn't about to start now because she thinks he's a murderer.

But, of course, he's her best friend so she had no choice.

"What do you think? He talks to you more than anyone?" Sidney asked. She sounded so confused. She genuinely wanted to know what Billy said to me about her. She wasn't asking in her usual jealous tone when she brings up Billy around me.

No, she was really scared and concerned.

I paused and looked at Tatum, "hmm, talk," she mumbled. I rammed her with the cart and rolled my eyes. "Honestly, Billy doesn't say much these days. He always seems distracted," I told her.

Which is true. To an extent.

She let out a heavy sigh and nodded understanding. I don't think she actually expected me to answer her, but she did have hope. Hope that I crushed. "Distracted by Mindy Warren," she mentioned one of Billy's many "friends". I raised my eyebrow and continued down the aisle. "Wait, I need cookies," I grabbed a pack of store-baked chocolate chip cookies.

"A little hungry?" Tatum brushed past me.

I gave her an annoyed look and turned to see Sidney going down the frozen foods. Is this seriously because I'm pregnant? Or is it because who got me pregnant?

I looked back at Tatum before I leaned over the cart. "Fine, fine, fine. I'm pregnant, there!" I whisper-shouted to her.

She leaned over the edge of the cart to stop me from moving. "I knew it! It's Billy's isn't it?" She asked.

"What's Billy's?" Sidney dropped something into the cart. Tatum and I held contact until I looked away. "Oh, this jacket. Had it since 7th grade," I lied.

She hummed and we continued our journey through the store.

We got into the car and drove off to the party, with Dewey driving us. I walked inside with the cookies in my hand, already biting into them.

Stu was in the kitchen chugging beer. "Oh, Vi! You go! The throat on this girl," Stu pointed me out to the huddle of guys around him. The girls rolled their eyes and I shook my head.

"No, Stu. Don't be weird," I carried my cookies with me into the living room. Randy was being Randy, picking a movie to watch. Of course, it's a scary one.

"Hellraiser!" I collapsed on the couch, biting into my cookie.

Sidney grabbed the stack of movies and went through them. "Terror Train... Prom Night... how come, Jaime Lee Curtis, is in all of these?" She asked.

Randy kneeled by her, "she's the scream queen," he said.

"Tits!" I smiled tossing a chocolate chip at them.