❛︎ IT'S YOU ❜︎

chapter three

    MOST DAYS, I was never really home in my house

MOST DAYS, I was never really home in my house. I had no reason to be. My parents weren't there and there was nothing really I wanted to do there unless I wanted to be alone.

Today I was at the video store to bother Randy.

"Ran-Ran!"

"Stop calling me that," he stocked the romance shelves. "Weren't you looking for this," he handed me a copy of Pretty Woman.

I'm not big on Romance movies, I'd much rather watch a group of teenagers get chased by a serial killer until the girl manages to kill him on her own and does it all over again in 2 more movies. But this was a part of the few I did like.

My mom loved Romance. She lived by it.

My dad not so much.

I think that's why they got on so well.

This was her favorite movie. It's actually a good movie so I can see why.

"I was, thanks, Rands," I kissed his cheek.

He groaned and wiped it off. "You and Billy trying new things?" He looked at the movie in my hand.

I rolled my eyes, "fuck, Billy."

"Oh, but sweetheart, you already did," Arms found their way over my shoulders. I rolled my eyes as he pressed his lips against my ear. "Multiple, multiple times," he smirked.

I gave Randy an annoyed look. He couldn't warn me? "Yeah, I'm out. Pick up your mess," he told us as he walked away.

I groaned and pulled out of Billy's hold. "I have a date tonight," I told him.

"With who? That Ricky guy? I bet he doesn't even know your real name."

"Everyone knows my name."

"No, they don't," he argued. "You watching that with him? What, is he gonna kiss you at the end?"

He would love to know.

"What difference does it make?" Why does he care so much? It's not like it's him hanging out with Ricky.

Billy moved forward to close the distance between us. "All of the difference in the world."

I swallowed under his gaze. "Yeah, well, your girlfriend probably misses you," I tried to push him away from me and get past. He put his arm out to push me back in my place.

"Fuck her."

I scoffed, "You'd love that." The one reason Billy and Sidney argue is that she doesn't want to have sex. So where does he go? Me. Because he knows I'll give it to him. And I'm not sure if that's something for me to be proud of.

Billy leaned down so our chests were pressed up against each other. "You're the one who walked away," he whispered.

Sometimes I really did hate him.