❛︎ THE MASTERMIND ❜︎

chapter four

    BILLY AND I laid in my bed for the longest time

BILLY AND I laid in my bed for the longest time. He found a way to sleep, but I was awake lost in my thoughts. I squeezed the stuffed animal in my arms while I thought. Billy Loomis, my best friend is the town's new serial killer. Not that we can really call him serial when he's only killed once, so just a killer.

I looked up at him. He laid on his back with his eyes shut. I sat up and leaned over to look at him. "Billy. Billy," I lightly shook his body.

He hummed and opened his eyes. I looked at him and shook my head, "nevermind," I laid back down. He's tired and he looks peaceful. I wasn't about to ruin that.

He sighed and turned on his side so that he was facing me. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Why did you show me?"

When you've killed 2 people in a small town you don't exactly go around telling people. Why me of all people?

He lifted his shoulders, "you're my best friend."

"Yeah, and so are Stu, Randy, Tatum, and even Sidney. Why me?"

He pulled his hand out to push my hair back behind my ear. "I tell you I'm a killer and instead of asking why I kill you want to know why I told you. That's why. Stu knows."

I still didn't understand.

He leaned over so his body was back to hovering over me. "You don't care why I do what I do. Why? Because you're too in love with me," he tapped my chin.

It was true. I was so blinded by my love for Billy that I couldn't really see that I was just falling into his trap.

What trap?

The trap that came with loving a psychopath.

I knew he was right and honestly, I didn't want to hear his answer to any more of my questions so I left it alone. Billy rolled out of my bed, reaching for his shirt.

"I'll call you," he pushed his arms through.

I rolled over on my stomach and sighed, "Sure you will."

He smiled and pulled his pants on before he came back over to the bed. He ran his fingers through my hair before he let out a deep breath. "I love you."

He kissed me once and then left. I sighed and laid my head down on the pillow. "I love you too, Billy. Too much."

Eventually, I got up to take a shower. I didn't get a moment of peace before my phone rang again. I groaned and picked it up. "Billy, go away," I said and pulled my phone away to put it back.

"It's me, Tatum!" I sighed and pulled my phone back to my ear. "What's up?" I held the phone on my shoulder while I got dressed. "It's Sidney. She was attacked."