❛︎ SLICIN N DICIN ❜︎

chapter two

     IT'S TOO early in the morning to be going to school, and I don't feel like getting out of my bed

     IT'S TOO early in the morning to be going to school, and I don't feel like getting out of my bed. So I'm not. Or I wasn't until Dad barged into my room yelling in Spanish.

"Vamos, mi amor. Tienes escuela!" He threw my blanket off of me. I groaned and rolled over. He grabbed my pillow and threw it at me.

"Okay, okay! I'm up, I'm up. Jesus, Papi." Once he was gone I sat up and rolled out of bed.

The phone was ringing, but I was too busy getting dressed to answer it. "Violetta, phone!" Dad shouted up the stairs.

I groaned and leaped over my bed to grab it. I huffed laying on my stomach. "What?"

"Attitude. Hurry up," Billy said through the phone. I rolled my eyes and walked over to my window.

He was in his room standing in front of his window. "Nice boobs," he said. I looked down at my shirtless self and rolled my eyes.

"You're still as revolting as you were when we were 7. I'm coming," I flipped him off through the window before spinning around.

"Hmm, I know," he said. I rolled my eyes, "goodbye, perv!" I hung up and tossed the phone.

I finished getting ready and ran downstairs. "Bye, Daddy," I kissed his cheek. "Bye, Hermosa," he tapped my arm.

"Earth to, pretty girl!" Billy shook my shoulder. I snapped my eyes away from my house and looked at Billy.

"You up?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Yeah. Drive," I motioned for him to go on and drive. Billy knew not to push on my inner thoughts. Especially on today of all days. Today was the day that no one even attempts to get in my way or Billy's.

Today is the day that my dad died and his mom left.

They took the inseparability of Billy and I a bit too extreme.

Billy's mom left due to an affair his father was having and my dad shot himself last May. I've lost both of my parents and Billy barely has just one. But at least we had each other.

Nothing I can't handle.

"Where were you last night?" I asked him. He got home late. Later than usual.

He was facing forward, watching the road like a good driver, but I didn't miss the smirk on his face and the crinkle of his eyes. "Uh... just with Sidney," he lied.

I pressed my lips together and nodded. "Sure, okay."

"I was."

"Then why the smirk?"

"What smirk?"

"Oh, come on. You didn't get laid, at least not from Sidney, so where were you?"

He turned into the school and into our normal spot before he turned off the car. "Fine. I was at a girl's house. Happy?" He leaned over the seat, looking at me, and that I knew was true.