❛︎ BEAUTIFUL FAMILY ❜︎

chapter six

    HOME ALONE again, I was watching Child's Play, cuddling a stuffed animal, and thinking of getting a dog

    HOME ALONE again, I was watching Child's Play, cuddling a stuffed animal, and thinking of getting a dog. I could name him Chuck. I could train him and when the baby's born they would be best friends.

Sounds perfect.

If anything ever happened to me they'd always have each other.

I sniffed just as my phone started ringing. I left the movie to play while I answered.

"Yes?"

"Hello, pretty. Miss me?" His deep, modulated voice fell through the phone.

I rolled my eyes almost dropping the phone right there. "Fuck off, Billy. I do not want to talk to you," I rolled over.

"Ju-" he paused and cut out the modulator. "Just humor me. Come on," he said in his normal voice.

I groaned and leaned back. "Fine."

"Thank you. Now, what are you watching?"

"Where are you?" I asked not looking around. "Not time yet. What are you watching?" He asked again. "Child's play. The killer doll," I explained.

"You love that movie."

"I know," I whispered against the teddy bear. "How is Charlie?" He asked. I smiled and looked at the discombobulated doll on my shelf. "She's fine, still no leg. She misses you," I sat up a bit in my bed.

The line went quiet. Did he hang up? I laid the phone down in my lap and pressed my lips together at the quietness until there was a knock on my door. "Ghosty?" I teased and he opened the door. Billy stood there in a white t-shirt, a phone to his ear, and the voicebox in front of his mouth.

He pointed towards the phone in my lap. I rolled my eyes before I pulled it back up to my ear.

"I'm sorry," he changed his voice to a squeaky one. I laughed as he hung up and dropped the box. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you and I'll fix your door," he pointed behind him.

My door? What happened to my door?

I raised my eyebrows while I placed the phone back. "You broke my door?"

"I kicked it a little too hard before I left. I'll fix it though," he waved his hands around.

I laughed and shook my head. "don't worry about it," I sat all the way up and crossed my legs. "We won't be here long anyway." Billy walked more into my room, coming to sit at the end of my bed. He grabbed the white and red bear out of my lap and stared at it.

"You keep everything I give you?" He asked.

I did.

I do.