❛︎ MY FIRST FRIEND ❜︎

chapter one

    VIOLET CORNEL or Loomis or Carpenter or Harmon, whatever you considered her name to be, never expected to live a long life

    VIOLET CORNEL or Loomis or Carpenter or Harmon, whatever you considered her name to be, never expected to live a long life. She knew what she had done and she knew the sins she had committed.

So to be only 42 on her deathbed, she wasn't surprised. She was ready. After being diagnosed with stage IV cancer, a few months ago she had time to prepare for this.

Karma came back around with a very sharp bite.

What better time to tell the truth of what happened 25 years ago, than now at the end of her road, when she couldn't face real time for her help in the crimes committed when she was just a kid?

Violet didn't think she deserved death for what happened, she didn't think anyone deserved death, but it's just what she was dealt. But if she was going to die, she wanted to do it right.

She's the only one who knows what really happened. She's the only one left with the story.

Violet sat down at the round table with her two daughters. If she was going to tell anyone, she'd tell them. Samantha and Lila deserved to know the truth as well and not just the story that gets passed around.

Although, they vaguely remember some of it.

Woodsboro changed everything for her and them. The three of them were all a part of this.

The two girls smiled as their mother sat. They were always fascinated with her. To this day she kept the natural beauty she's had her whole life. Sure she had dark eyes and pale skin, but she still was as beautiful as she was at 18. Sick and all she still had her glow.

"Hey, Mama," her oldest smiled the best she could. It was hard for her to stay happy and optimistic like her little sister when their mother is close to death.

"How's school?" She asked both of them.

"There's a video of me dancing like a maniac on top of a pool table going around," Lila, her youngest, laughed. The three women all shared a few seconds of laughter before they went back to why they were there.

"Mom, are you sure?" Sam, the oldest, asked. They only knew part of their mom's story. That part is about their father. For the longest time they hated her, they hated that she stuck with him. They hated that they were connected to a serial killer. They hated the legacy tied to them.

Eventually, they realized that everything their mother did, she did out of love. They realized that they didn't have to be like their father and they moved past it.

Now here they are about to learn everything.

"You deserve the truth. So does the rest of the world," Violet coughed.

Lila pulled out the recorder and they both held their pens. "We're ready."

Violet nodded and just sighed, her bony hands laying flat on the table.