Maybe it was selfish to expect that he would be okay with you doing that.

That you, as a friend, is allowed to just cuddle into him.

But instead, your gesture is returned, both his arms firmly encircling you, squeezing you, palms holding you, thumbs swirling circles into the flesh of your skin.

You felt warm.

Very warm.

A giddy feeling was light in your chest, matched evenly with another crooning noise.

You wanted to be closer. So close.

Crawl under his skin kind of close, but you didn't know how close was too close for him.

Chuffling sounded from him, Techno's amused chuckling vibrating in his throat and chest.

From waist, to ribs, to waist again, his thumbs rubbed, before fingers interlaced and he firmly tucked himself against you and stilled.

This.

This felt really good.

Everything about this.

"...mmm-" he grumbled, tiredly trying to lean his head back to look down at you, still tucked close to his neck.

You grumbled, which spurred him to continue, "How'd you sleep?"

When you didn't respond he sighed, giving you a squeeze and dragging you with him when he rolled onto his back.

Out of surprise you wiggled, head peeling off him to stare. Both your hands were pressed against his chest, and you felt the broad muscles under his skin tense at the action.

Against yourself and what you would never do, when you see the slightest hint of embarrassment on his face, you dig into it the way a hawk catches a mouse.

A grin is spreading across your face, "I could be getting better sleep right now." You say, no bite, but your hands are slowly sliding up his chest.

"Uh huh." He murmurs. Outwardly his face appears blank, but the small flush splattering his cheekbones is prevalent.

The farther up your hands go, the closer you get to laying back down, chin slowly lowered to rest on his body.

Your hands are reaching past his chest, up up up- closer-

You're aware of Techno's jaw tensing.

And the way his hands twitched.

Stopping is probably for the best, so rather then slipping up his face, you turn it into a stretch, pulling your body out and yawning, arching in his hold as best you could.

What were you even going to do?

Sink your hands into his hair? Lean down and press a kiss to the edge of his scarred eyebrow?

You're friends.

Or something.

A nagging feeling in the back of your head stated the thought of, 'but he doesn't let other friends do this.'

You huff, loudly, in fustration and restlessness.

"Where'd you get the scar on your face?" You ask, eyes looking at him, trying to focus your head.

You're the only one doing these weird head games. Techno's probably just vibing right now and you're being weird.

"Which one." He asks, making a grunt noise and shifting how he was positioned, settling into the bed more comfortably, and in doing so fully pulling you atop him.