//Chapter 18: Derby Ram//

You had been deep in thought for the past few hours now. Still questioning your allegiance to black pearl on the inside but keeping it a secret for now. There was no way she would know, right? Perhaps, if you stayed with her, things would just work out. Then again, that's only if she succeeds and that's not a guarantee even with you by her side. Gah, it was so annoying having to choose between two options with valid arguments for both. What to do, what to do...

Your pondering is interrupted by Black Pearl herself moseying on up to where you were thinking. She expressed in a worried tone "Tool... Is everything alright? You've been up here since morning." You look at the horizon, and see it was a few hours to sundown based on where the sun was. This thinking business was really taking its toll on you. You reply with a simple "Yeah... Nothing wrong really... I'm just thinking..." "Thinking about what? What's so distressing that you stay in the same spot for hours on end just thinking about it?" She asks, concerned more than you had ever seen her. You quickly tell her "Just thinking about what happens next. Earthbread is a big place, and I'm not sure where to start." It was a rather poor excuse, even for your standards. But she seemed convinced, telling you "Oh, don't worry so much about that, tool. I'll tell you where we're going next." "Heh. You said that last night..." You snark, giving her a cheeky wink. She grabs your chin, a recurring action of hers, and tells you "It worked out then, so it'll work out now. Now then tool, listen closely..."

She then explained to you her master plan. While she figured out the full extent of her new magic candy, you were to head into the lands of beast yeast and gather Intel on the dark enchantress and her armies. It would not be easy, and she admitted as such, but she had faith you would figure things out as you went. It's how you  took out the republic so this would be little different, right? She finishes off with "If you ever find yourself in a sticky situation, just rub the pearl necklace I blessed and I'll be there quick as I can." You pull out your pearl necklace, one of the few reminders of your old life even after Black Pearl had blessed it. You tell her "I'll set off first thing tomorrow" "You do that tool. Do what I have told you and..."

"Stay safe..." She said as you head back down to your bed.

||Smash cut to the growing cabal against BP||

Sea Fairy had returned with a few new cookies to join in this fight against you two. She had hoped to reach out to the ancients but so far, no such luck. She had, however, quickly gathered many of the sea faring cookies she knew of. She quickly introduced them to the 3 other cookies in this group. "This is sorbet shark cookie... They encountered the black pearl once before... They might know more about her..." She said, with sorbet shark giving an eager expression. "And this... Is squid ink cookie... They may look small now... But their true form possesses incredible strength..." She added, with squid ink merely giving a small wave as they kept sobbing at nothing in particular.

Oyster comments "They seem like they are well equipped to fighting in watery environments. That will be most useful, especially against Black Pearl's little tool." She then curses your name under her breath, remembering that you had caused all of this. Clotted Cream was quick to ask her "How bad was it in there?" Oyster merely sighs and says "When I close my eyes, I still see her. Cutting at my dough, breaking my bones, and employing other such techniques. And I would not be there if it wasn't for Y/N, the traitor. And to think, they used to be under my house..." She clenched her fist and almost starting to break things. You and Black Pearl are some bad dudes, no?

//

As I was going to Derby, 'twas on a market day,
I met the finest ram, sirs, that ever was fed upon hay.

That's a lie, that's a lie
That's a lie, a lie, a lie!

This ram and I got drunk, sir, as drunk as drunk could
be,
And when we sobered up, sir, we were far away out
on the sea.

That's a lie, that's a lie
That's a lie, a lie, a lie!

//