Filled with terror, Grey nodded stiffly.

"Good." Grindelwald smiled, "I don't want to hurt him, but I will do what I must. Now let me look at you."

This time when he moved closer, Grey stayed reluctantly still. Grindelwald reached up, holding his face with both hands, surveying him almost like a butcher studies a piece of meat. 

"Such unique features," He evaluated, "To be expected of course."

He gently grasped the streak of white hair with one hand, twisting his head to address his acolytes.

"We all know where he gets this from," He chuckled.

The gathered mechanically echoed his laughter and Grey focused on the thestrals who shifted in their stable at the noise. He dismissed the strangeness of the comment.

"You are cold, let us go inside."

Grindelwald released his face.

"Rosier, prepare a room and spare clothes for Richard, he will be staying with us too."

At his demand, a frightening witch in elegant teal robes bowed her head and strode into the castle. 

Grindelwald led them all inside then stopped before his assembled group of followers in the entrance hall. It was dimly lit and a dark paneled staircase twisted upwards in the right corner. The rest of the hall was lined with several closed doors. But at least it was warm within. 

"Now, introductions," He began, beaming at his followers. Pointing from left to right, he introduced the half-a-dozen ensemble.

 "First we have Abernathy, Queenie," He pointed to the blonde witch, "Sable, Delpha, Raphael, and of course Aurelias."

Grey glanced at the obscurial, wondering what had made him settle on the name. 

"And the other woman was Rosier. These are my dear friends and colleagues." Grindelwald finished with a proud smile. 

Grey resisted the desire to make a snide comment about cultists. As the dark wizard finished, Rosier descended the stairs. 

"I have prepared the room besides Grey's for the boy." She exclaimed. 

She had a thick French accent which only added to her sophisticated demeanor. 

"Excellent. Queenie, would you mind showing the boys to their rooms?" Then he turned back to them, "Lunch is in half an hour. I'll let you settle in, then Queenie will come and fetch you for the meal." 

With that, he strode off, entering the opposite room. As the others followed, Grey caught a glimpse of a large sitting room that lay within, bathed in light from huge paned windows. 

"If you two just follow me," Queenie beamed.

Her voice was light and bubbly, American though Grey being unknowledgeable in such things could not identify the region. The friendliness she displayed felt so out of place in the shadowed hallway. 

Still not saying a word, they both followed her to the upper floor. Every door they passed was closed, every corridor hewed from dark stone and lit by black iron braziers. Though the atmosphere was similar (if smaller) to Hogwarts, everything felt distinctively more abhorrent. 

"Don't worry, this place may feel like a maze but you'll soon know your way," Queenie chattered through the silence. Her words sounded forced. 

"Here you are," She smiled as they reached the end of a corridor, "You are in the far one Grey and Richard is here. Holler if you need anything, if not I'll come grab you in twenty minutes."