Rivals - Part 3

Panel One: Narration: "Next Day  Tuesday Afternoon: PE / Practice" Wide shot of the school gym

Panel One: Narration: "Next Day Tuesday Afternoon: PE / Practice" Wide shot of the school gym. There are students milling around, running, walking, playing basketball or kicking around a soccer ball. Cal is there, standing on the sidelines. He's wearing a medium blue tshirt with a few white and grey feathers printed on the front right corner, with white shorts, socks, and platform sneakers. "I've never been in a gym class before," he thinks, while he holds his arm nervously. "What am I supposed to - " He is interrupted by a call from off-panel, "Hey, Cal!"

Panel Two: Shot from behind Cal. "Thank God!" he thinks, as he waves and says, "Zane!" Zane jogs towards Cal, with the usual big smile on his face. His hair is tied up in a ponytail, and he's wearing minimal eyeliner with a short line drawn down from the outside corners. Zane is wearing the school's rugby uniform; a polo shirt that has a black body with two wide red stripes near the top, and white raglan sleeves and collar. His uniform shorts are black with a red stipe up the sides, and he has black knee-high socks with red stripes near the top.

Panel Three: Long shot of Zane and Cal as they walk and talk on the sidelines. "You play rugby?" Cal asks. "Yeah, I'm on the team," Zane answers. "Cool!" says Cal, "My dad liked rugby. I don't play, though." "Do you play any sports?" Zane asks. "I like archery."

Panel Four: View of the gyms from outside. There are two of them, with the entrance of one turned to face the side door of the other. They are very modern-looking; obviously much newer than the rest of the school buldings. It's raining heavily. "Did you know we have a range? I'd show you, but..." Zane says. Rain SFX: -SHAAA- "I know!" he continues, "Let's go watch the fencers practice next door." "Fencing? I've never seen a swordfight before!" says Cal. The word ballons are labelled with their names.

Panel Five: Cal and Zane talking. Zane has a sly grin on his face and nudges Cal's arm with his elbow as he says, "Oh, you'll love it! Swordfighting's hot." "Heh," Cal smiles and gives Zane an incredulous look. "If you say so."