I don't know why what he said sounded so sweet and heartwarming that I felt my heart skip beat continuously.

"I owe you." He added and winked at me before handing me something in a bottle.

"What is that?" I arched my brows.

"My vampire scent. Spray it in the room where you got the antidote, and it would shift the blame on us. When they trace the scent in the room, they will think we were the ones who snuck in and stole the antidote by ourselves." He explained, and I took the bottle.

"Oh, thank you so much," I moaned as he just helped me solve what had been eating me deep.
"You're welcome. I won't want anything to happen to you, so be careful and use it well." He said calmly, and Jaden began to clap, nodding and grinning from ear to ear.

"What?" Jake glared playfully at him and hissed before turning back to me...

"We have to leave now. They are coming. Stay safe." That was all he said, and before I could say anything, they darted away into the forest with supernatural speed, covering vast distances in mere seconds, leaving no trace behind.

Without wasting another second, I shifted and followed another route back with so much joy and satisfaction in my heart. It was really a tough journey to get to them, as I had to hide from the numerous pack hunters.

I was almost caught on the way here, and what saved me was a snake. While I was sneaking through the forest, one of the hunters noticed and began to come for me, but just before he could push away the shrub that enshrouded my figure, a snake crept out, and he fired his arrow at it, then left, thinking it was what made the ruffle.

My heart was pounding, and sweat was all over my face. There was little or no one outside since it had been announced that everyone should go inside. I would be a huge suspect of conniving with the vampire if I had been caught, especially when I had the antidote in my hand.

It was the deadliest risk of my life, which I couldn't believe I actually did all for Selene, and I was almost going mad in joy that at the end I succeeded.

I didn't fail, Selene. She would go giddy in happiness to hear that her lover was alive and safe, even when it panged a part of my heart that desired her.

Since she healed me and saved me from death, I knew there was something unique and special about her, and deep in my heart, all I wanted was to shower her with all the love she would need in her life.

To see her happy, I had to risk it all and save her lover when, deep inside me, I wanted her all to myself alone, but I don't regret it.

What matters is that I helped her. It was a sheer betrayal to the pack that could result in being beheaded as punishment, including your relatives.

It was a very hard decision, but the last thing I would want to see was Selene's tears. It hurts my heart differently. 

As I ran back home, the flashing image of Jake crossed my mind, and what I felt made me almost pause my track as I wondered what was wrong with me.

I didn't expect to meet such a handsome man, nor did I expect myself to get really attracted, especially when I thought I was a lesbian falling madly in love with Selene. Jake was bringing confusion into my head, and the more I tried to push him out of my head, the more I got drowned, savoring the few minutes we met.

His smile was like sunshine in the darkness, and the way it made my heart flutter was really strange.

What is wrong?

I got back into the royal pack house secretly through the backdoor and hurried to the store room where Selene was before I left, but I couldn't find her, and the dead bodies had been taken away. 

I scurried to her room, and it was locked up from the outside with no sound from the inside, which means she wasn't there.

"Where could she be?" I mused in confusion, ignoring the peering eyes of the bodyguards along the hallway. I hurried to the clinic and checked her ward, but I met someone else there being treated.

"Sorry ." I apologized for barging in before shutting the door and hurrying back. I asked a few friendly bodyguards, and they denied seeing her. 

It was already dawn, and Alpha and Luna were still in the palace. They seem to be waiting for the hunters to bring in the vampires. It would be a huge disappointment, though.

With a cautious step, I climbed up the stairs, heading to Luna's room. I have to spray this vampire scent in there to save my pitiful ass from trouble.

What I don't understand is why that vampire cared about me being caught. I never expected it and was initially trembling in fear, thinking they would slaughter me when they regained their strength after I gave them the antidote.

I had been told horrifying stories about the vampires—how they kill even the ones that help their lives, as long as you're a werewolf. It doesn't seem to be true.

I had lied earlier that the Luna sent me to get something in there, and that was why the three hefty bodyguards at the front door allowed me in, and I left, telling them I couldn't find it. Since I was the Luna's personal maid, they didn't doubt me.

I knew sooner or later I would be in trouble for everything I did and could end up being killed if they found out I was the one that stole the antidote, so I really had to enter again, but it was obvious they would suspect me seriously and might even insist on following me in.

Then an idea clicked into my mind.

I ran over to the storeroom and secretly sprayed the vampire scent in it, then hurried back, feigning fear.

"I smelled a vampire scent in the store room!!" My voice echoed through the hallways, as I ran toward the bodyguards standing in front of the room. My scream drew their attention, and they instinctively left the door and ran towards the storeroom with other bodyguards, in readiness to fight.

It was in these few minutes that I was able to sneak into the room and go over to the cabinet and spray a very little at the corner, but just as I was about to leave, I heard a voice, not from outside but right behind the cabinet inside the wall.

I cringed in fear, wondering if my ears just deceived me, but when I drew closer and placed my ears to the wall, igniting my wolf sense of hearing to its highest point, I heard a  familiar female voice and instantly recognized it as my mother's voice.

"What! I thought she was dead!" My eyes popped in shock and disbelief as I gasped, covering my mouth with my palm.