eight | this is me trying

Start from the beginning

I heard a deep chuckle from behind me, followed by, "Or maybe you need to get used to it."

"Please don't tell me that you're naked." I was keeping my eyes on Atlas who finally took a step back and walked away towards the back of the house.

There was a slight pause before he answered, "Okay, I am not."

I let out a sigh of relief and turned around to face him only to pivot back around once my eyes landed on his fully naked body. "You said you are not naked!" I felt my face heat as I recalled seeing his happy trails and muscled thighs and what was in between. I had seen him without his shirt on but I had never seen his full package. Oh, god.

The devil laughed then he leaned in and whispered to my ear. "No, you told me not to tell you that I am naked. I am merely doing as you asked, Love."

"Do you have spare clothes with you?" I wanted to glance at his car but kept my eyes on the ground instead, afraid that I might accidentally see him.

"No," he answered from behind me. "I was not planning to shift and scare my future father-in-law."

"He is not your future father-in-law," I corrected, rolling my eyes. "We should head inside then, people may call the police if they see you naked here." I walked towards the front of my house, expecting him to follow behind me.

I led him to the bathroom. "Wait inside while I find something you could put on." I waited until he was inside and the door was closed before I went to the laundry room. I found some of my dad's and Eros's clothes and then brought them to the bathroom. "I am not sure if my dad's clothes would fit so I brought some of Eros's clothes too."

He opened the door slightly and stuck his head out. "Who is Eros? Your scrawny boyfriend?"

"No, that's Brett. Eros is my best friend but sometimes he likes to sleep here," I replied as I handed the clothes to him. "Here try them on."

Ryker simply nodded, not saying anything else, then closed the door. Two minutes later, he walked out wearing Eros's shirt and one of my dad's pants which were too short for his long legs. His legs were probably too muscly to wear Eros's pants which was why he chose my dad's instead. It was somewhat decent. "That will do." I gave him a nod.

All of a sudden and without warning, he leaned in and planted his mouth on mine. The rest of the clothes he did not end up wearing dropped on the floor and the next second, I could feel his big palm on my lower back as he pulled me into his warm embrace and kissed me slowly almost as if his lips wanted to memorize each millimeter of my lips, the shape, and texture of it. This kiss was different compared to the kiss we had shared back in the club, and somehow this felt more intimate. It was not a 'let's get naked' kiss, it was more of an 'I want to know you better' kind of kiss. It was not a kiss meant to fuck, it was a kiss to make love. And if I let him, I felt that he would be able to slowly make his way to my heart. The thought alone scared me and was enough to make me place my hand on his chest and take a step back, breaking the kiss. My lips felt cold without his pressing against them.

"What was that about?" I laughed nervously as I grabbed the clothes he had dropped off the floor.

His reply was unexpected. "I have always wanted to kiss you."

"You have done plenty of kissing back at the club." I placed my free hand on my waist and lifted my brow questioningly at him.

"No, those were different." Ryker shook his head, a small smile forming on his lips, still moist after the kiss. "Most of it was Khrysaor and his impatience to get into your pants. He can't wait to mark you." He let out a deep chuckle, shaking his head, then his silver eyes were focused on me once again. "This time," his silver eyes held mine and I felt my heart beat faster as I waited for him to finish his sentence, "This time, it was all me."