Chapter Seven

The work week had begun and Gianna had once again drowned herself in activities to do at the clinic

The work week had begun and Gianna had once again drowned herself in activities to do at the clinic. Not because she wanted to, but because she had to. Her father was checking the stats for the last two months and she was making sure it was up to par.

Clients list updated, doctors' training instilled, and more. This was all responsibility of Gianna and she wanted to make sure they were of standard to her father. The clinic had been doing well so far, all thanks to her, and she only planned on improving further on.

The adult sat by her desk on Wednesday afternoon, looking over the doctor's clientele for the next two weeks and comparing it with everyone's schedule. The downfall of being a young authoritarian was that older employees tend to take advantage of that.

Three doctors were already requesting a holiday for a whole upcoming week, which would cause them to be short-staffed. She can't just deny them it because according to their contract, they were entitled to that holiday. Now, she either had to start recruiting immediately or she would be doing double clients when that time comes.

She wanted to bring it up with her father, but she wanted to sort this out on her own.

Amid her stress, there was a knock on her door. She lifted her head to see one of her doctors, Chloe, with a beaming grin on her face. Gianna squinted her eyes at her, "Why do you look so happy?" She asked.

"That's because I am." The tanned-skinned woman who chestnut brown hair pulled into a loose ponytail stepped further into the office and that's when Gianna saw the work IPad tucked under her white coat.

"Enlighten me, please." She covered the Tupperware with tuna salad and gave her attention to her colleague.

"Well, first off we're gonna need to have a celebratory party because..." she turned the IPad on and gave it to Gianna to look over the screen. Before she could even interpret what was on the screen, Chloe exclaimed, "We reached the target money for the project in Nigeria!"

Indeed, the figures on the screen far exceeded the amount that they had set the target for the project to take off. Her mind went to one person and she was flabbergasted. Of course, after telling him about it, she thought he would donate just a bit like everyone else, not the overall amount.

"Wow." Was all she could say.

"Right. With this amount, we'll be able to help thousands of animals. Oh my God."

"Yeah. Wow."

This was news that she couldn't wait to share with her father. This project meant a lot to her and when she pitched it to him, he was all for it—especially seeing how she would pull it off.

After talking a bit and gushing over this news, Chloe left and Gianna was now stuck with her thoughts. She reached for her phone by her cup of tea and went for his contact. It rang twice before it was answered.