Chapter Four

"Okay, good job, baby!" Gianna cooed, bending down to pet Snow who barked in excitement

"Okay, good job, baby!" Gianna cooed, bending down to pet Snow who barked in excitement. She had been a messy drinker since she got her and Gianna had been training her to be more clean when doing so.

She had gotten a deeper bowl to make it easier but it seemed like Snow just couldn't break out of that habit. Or so she thought.

Either way, she was glad her hardwood floors weren't drenched with puddles of milk.

Standing to her feet, she made her way over to the sink to wash her hands so she can continue to make her sandwich. It was Wednesday—her day off—so she was using the time to spend with her dog. She took Snow for walks in the mornings before she went to work, but that still wasn't enough outdoors for an active animal like him.

Plus, the sun was beaming outside so it was the perfect weather.

Gianna was dressed in a black ribbed short-sleeved unitard, paired with a beige cropped jumper across her shoulders to match her Marc Jacobs mini tote bag. Black Chuck Taylors covered her feet, with white crew socks peeking out at the top. A silver nameplate necklace hung around her neck, with diamond studs on her two pierced ears. Her hair was straightened to her liking and she did light makeup since she wasn't going anywhere special. 

After making and wrapping her BLT along with Snow's treats, she placed them in her bag and grabbed her keys along with her half bottle of Essentials water. "Come on, girl," Gianna called after Snow and the two made their leave.

While opening the passenger door of her car to put Snow in, her phone vibrated in her hand. Once the animal was in the seat, she unlocked her phone and opened the message from Donte.

She had texted him after receiving those roses on Monday, but he had yet to reply. He didn't call like he say he would and she figured he was busy. She expected that from a man in his career, especially since the basketball season started soon.  

Donte💗: hey, been busy myb 

it's fine:

Should I have waited a whole day to respond like he did, her petty side thought but she shook that off.

When she got into her car and hooked her phone up, there was an incoming call from Donte. Her heart skipped a beat but she quickly calmed herself down before answering.

"Hey." Donte's voice was deep and groggy, which she found somewhat attractive.

"Hi. You sound like you just woke up."

"I did, actually. My body is pretty much shut down, it's a miracle I have the strength to talk right now." He replied, "But whatchu' getting into today? I know it's your day off."

He remembered, she took note.

"I'm bringing my baby to the park." She responded casually, pulling out of her driveway.