Chapter Three

Gianna heaved out a tired sigh as she entered her office

Gianna heaved out a tired sigh as she entered her office. She had just done surgery for an ACL rupture on a cat and it last exactly two hours and thirty-three minutes. Her joints were sore and she was hungry.

Luckily, it was her break. She washed her hands in the sink, hearing her stomach growl. "Oh my God..." she muttered to herself. As she took off her coat and retrieved her packed lunch from the mini-fridge, her door was pushed open.

A grin plastered on her face as saw Jeliyah with the same expression. The two women squealed and jogged over to meet each other in a hug. Jeliyah had officially become Gianna's very first true friend in California. They texted and called every day and had been to the gym together twice since they first met.

She learned that Jeliyah was twenty-four and had lived in California all her life. She moved to San Francisco to get a clear head, apparently, and also to run away from the negative energy' her family produced. She was making a good amount of money from being an influencer and her mother wasn't a fan of that.

Gianna did her research and saw that Jeliyah had over a million subscribers on Youtuber, four million on TikTok, five hundred thousand followers on Instagram, and even had an OnlyFans. She was surprised, to say the least, but that didn't mean she no longer wanted to be friends with her.

Jeliyah was funny and outgoing and she gave off positive energy whenever Gianna was around her. She liked hanging out with her.

Which was why she sent her the address to the clinic. Jeliyah was bored of just being home after filming a few TikToks so she called Gianna and offered to bring her lunch. Though she had already packed a salad to eat during her hour break, she still invited Jeliyah over.

"Hello, Doctor Gianna!" She exclaimed with a beaming smile after they pulled away.

"It's Doctor Westbury actually, but okay."

"Tomayto, tomato." She waved her off before making her way over to the desk, wearing a black Moonslover jumpsuit with a PLT varsity jacket over and Chuck Taylor's on. "I got us Five Guys."

"I forgot you have money," Gianna remarked with a chuckle before joining her at the table. "Salad or Five Guys?"

"I say whichever one makes your stomach happy."

"Five Guys it is." The woman decided with a satisfied smile before putting her Tupperware back in the refrigerator.

"I still can't believe you just turned twenty-five and didn't turn the fuck up. I'm angry with myself because I should've met you sooner. We would've definitely been outside."

"Yeah. I don't have that many friends to be 'outside' with." She admitted, chewing on a curly fry.

"And that's where I come in." Jeliyah grinned, "now that you have a friend who basically knows everyone in California. We must be outside at least once each week."