Chapter Six

Saturday crept up rather quicker than Gianna liked and soon she was in her bedroom, getting ready for her date with Donte

Saturday crept up rather quicker than Gianna liked and soon she was in her bedroom, getting ready for her date with Donte. She was on FaceTime with Jeliyah who was in too much menstrual pain to get out of bed and was coaching her via the phone call. 

To say Gianna was nervous was an understatement, and that was because she was overthinking every little aspect. What she was gonna wear, what she was gonna say to him, how she would let the conversation flow, and many more.

Jeliyah told her not to, but she couldn't help it.

Her jet black twenty-inch wig was installed, straightened, and styled to her liking, plus she had gotten a fresh manicure and pedicure earlier that would look beautiful in the heels she'd chosen to wear that night. She was now on the last step of her makeup routine, which was just setting and highlighting the right areas.

"You look amazing. He won't be able to keep his hands to himself." Her friend hyped her up as she applied her gloss. 

"I've noticed he is a bit touchy so that's a possibility." She responded, applying some clear gloss over her pink and brown lip combo.

"You're going to a sushi place in C-Town, yeah?" Gianna nodded at her friend's question, "aight, just make sure your location stays on. I don't be outside when this bloody bitch shows up, but I got you for whatever."

"I appreciate that."

Some time went by, her makeup was finished and she was finishing off her outfit with her black strappy bottega heels that had her french tip painted toes on full display. Jeliyah had hung up to get some rest and she took a few selfies to post on her Instagram because she liked her look for the night.

Since it was her first time, she decided to do a bit of a minimalistic attire for the evening. She chose a mid-thigh length brown silk short-sleeved dress that had a corset waist section and a flowy bottom. It had a deep v-neck, so there was a bit of cleavage on display, but not enough to make her feel uncomfortable. Her cocoa butter and oil lather skin was decorated with gold jewelry—her 'G' pendant necklace and her Pandora charm bracelets and Kate Spade watch on her left wrist.

Donte💕: I'm pulling up to your crib

She read the message from her date and her heart skip a beat. Grabbing her black Chanel purse with a silver chain strap for details, she ran over to her mirror for one last quick look. "You look good, Gianna Westbury. Have fun and don't overthink anything. Be yourself." She coached before giving Donte's message a thumbs up and downing the rest of her lemonade gin.

The sound of her doorbell rang throughout the house when she got downstairs and she blew out a shaky breath. Hearing those familiar whining, she bent down to pet Snow who came galloping over to her from where she was eating her dinner.

"Okay, girl. I'm going out. Just behave. There's a snack by your bed. Do not make a mess and go to sleep early—don't wait for me, okay?" She said and the animal whined. "I'm serious." She planted a kiss on her fur before standing and going to open the door.