8

Y/N's POV,

I woke up the next day feeling tired. I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for school. All was well, I got in the bus 20 minutes before the first period, which means I won't be late.

When I arrived at school Damien wasn't waiting for me. It made me a little sad but then I realized that none of his friends were there either. I tried my best to stay calm as I entered the classroom. Almost immediately, a swarm of students encircled me.
It was quite overwhelming, considering no one ever socialized with me well for the past five months.

Mina and Dolores ran towards me in tears. "Y/N. Oh I'm so worried, are you alright? Did he hurt you? Why were you absent with him yesterday?" Mina sobbed.

"What.. what do you mean? Did he hurt me?" I gasped in anger. "YOU HAVE HURT ME!" I yelled. "All of you!" I pointed at everyone else, who was giving me sympathetic looks. "You ignored me, you made me look like a fool and it hurts! It hurts to know that although I have never said or did anything to make ANY of you dislike me!"

Dolores shook her head and grabbed my hand. "No, Y/N. He forced everyone not to come close to you. He forced us to ignore you so you'll become vulnerable to him." She shakily confessed.

I looked at everyone sarcastically. Am I supposed to believe in all of that?

"It's true Y/N. He is a dangerous and powerful man. He can kill anyone and no one would dare get on his way. Everyone is scared. The school, the police, the government." Mina added.

"We're sorry, Y/N. He was blackmailing us." I heard plenty of students say.

"Please Y/N, Before it's too late. Run, run away from this country, hide from the face of the earth while you still can." Dolores begged me. "He's going to ruin your life, Y/N. He has never showed affection to any woman before. Not until you came. But that's a curse, Y/N. He is everywhere, he's abusive. He's a murderer."

I shook my hand off her, not wanting to believe anything she was saying. "I don't believe you. And I love him, and I'm not going to leave him." I scoffed.

The bell rang, indicating the start of class. "Please, Y/N. You have to believe us. Today he's not here because he's having a scheme again, along with the four other companions at first we thought were merely friends. They're working for him."

I looked at Dolores and considered what they were saying. But I was blinded by Damien's so called love for me, and I didn't take their words in.

I simply laughed. "You all are crazy, and if you think that this delusion of yours will make me stop from loving Damien, then you are all wrong." I huffed.

"I'm warning you, Y/N. Believe us." She sniffed and walked away immediately.

The entire class gave me sympathetic looks for the entire day, and their faces made the words start to sink in. My mind began exploring the possibilities, and I opened up some flags I left ignored.

Damien lied to me, he also had great connections in school. Everyone else, like Mina and Dolores, they ignored me like the plague when he was around. And now that he's gone, they were coming back to me.

Was Damien the problem?

I clutched my head in pain. I didn't want to think much, it was making me light-headed.

Then, what happened next made my heart drop down to my chest. I saw Carlo Kinsley, Michael Sanchez and Yohan Rivero limping towards me.

They were my lab partners a few days ago. "We're sorry for looking at you, Y/N." Yohan told me, avoiding my eye. He had two missing teeth, and he looked horrible.

The other two boys kept mum, probably torn from the rage of getting beaten up or the fear.

"Who did it?" My lower lip was shaking. "Who did it?!" I said even louder.

The three of them looked at each other, unsure if they should answer or not. "P-Promise you wont tell on us." Michael stuttered in a small voice.

"I promise!" I said in gritted teeth. "Now tell me who."

"Damien, Y/N." Carlo replied. "It was Damien. His four friends beat us up." He choked back a sob. "I almost lost a finger."

"We're sorry, Y/N. Please don't ever come close to us again, we'll leave you alone." Yohan put his hands together and bowed his head. Then the three of them limped away, and I was left with a whirlwind of emotions.

...

Damien....

Damien's POV,

I was in my private jet, waiting to arrive in Washington DC. There was a business proposal coming from one of my cousins, and I was kind enough to agree.

I opened my MacBook and checked the classroom cameras, which where my princess was, at the moment.

I saw her two former bestfriends come close to her, in tears, probably begging for forgiveness. The entire class was looking at her as well, and I gritted my teeth.

Oh well, it's just for a day. They're probably asking for forgiveness from my angel. And that's alright. Cause they're obedient little rats when I'm around.

I simply stared at my screen, when suddenly, my angel scoffed and told them something in quite an aggressive manner. I tried to raise the volume but I couldn't hear a thing. Fuck. The audio must've had problems.

I just shook my head and kept watching her, when suddenly, I saw the three fuckers walk toward my princess. Oh fuck! Are they going to tell her that I did it?

I cussed under my breath repeatedly and threw the vase against the window of the jet.

Jace and Lejandro immediately ran to check. "What's wrong, Damien?" Jace worriedly asked.

I pointed at the three fuckers that we beat up the day before.

.

"I want them fucking dead."