Chapter 40

Deidara threw clay birds on the ground with his last arm left, creating a smoke screen. They saw Deidara on a clay bird with Gaara in tow when the dust cleared.

"Give us back, Gaara!" Naruto growled out in annoyance.

Naruto was about to go after him when suddenly a glint caught his eye, and he flashed to where he had thrown his kunai from earlier and looked at Sasori.

"I hope you didn't forget about me." He said in his grave voice.

"We'll take care of him." Said Karin pointing to Chiyo and herself and then to Kakashi.

With a simple nod from Naruto, he was off with Sayuri following.

"You know he's luring you somewhere, right?" Said Sayuri.

Naruto grunted in the affirmative as he kept running after the Mad bomber. He didn't want to lose his friend.

'Don't you dare die on me, Gaar!'The blonde-haired teen thought. Naruto then used his Sharingan to do Kamui and ripped off Deidara's other arm.

The chase started with Deidara throwing all types of bombs at Naruto and Sayuri, but when Naruto could look up again without getting dust in his eyes, he took it as an advantage.

Naruto threw his Tri-pronged kunai directly toward Deidara, transporting Naruto along with it.

"This ends right here, Deidara!" Naruto yelled.

"Un, you're right; you'll join your friend soon!"

"Son of a bitch!!"

"Fuuton: Wind blade. " Naruto yelled as a blade of wind sliced the bird and took Gaara to an open field.

Sayuri and Deidara started to fight each other, and The sky began to turn grey, and lighting started to form.

'There are natural thunderclouds. I can use Kirin without looking like I missed,' Sayuri thinks before jumping to a higher area. "You'll care soon enough," Sayuri says coldly. She makes a Chidori and sticks her hand in the air. A giant lightning dragon starts to peek its head through the clouds. Sayuri brings her hand down, and the lightning dragon follows down toward Deidara.

" Come on, chew faster," Deidara says as the lightning dragon approaches. "SHHIIIT!" Deidara yells before Kirin hits him.

With Naruto and Gaara

"Damnit, Gaara... you're not supposed to die yet..it's not your time.FUCK!!" Naruto yelled at the end, fists clenched together.

Kakashi, Karin, and Chiyo had walked in on the scene a little beat up but okay for the most part.

"Naruto...I'm so sorry." Kakashi said quietly to his student.

But suddenly, they see a Lighting Dragon coming down from the sky, and Kakashi and Chiyo are shocked to see the giant dragon in the sky.

With Sayuri

When the attack hits Deidara, Sayuri checks for Deidara's body. Instead, all she finds is a pile of clay.

"He must've used a clone to substitute with. He's a smart one," Sayuri says while touching the clay. After that, Sayuri also goes towards the group.

Chiyo then walked forward to Gaara's body, kneeled, and put her hands on him, glowing green.

"What are you doing, Chiyo-Bachan?" Asked Naruto.

"There's a kinjustu I know; puppeteers would use it in the past to give some of their life to the puppet. I can bring Gaara back." Chiyo said easy to give up her life so the next generation could live on.

Chiyo felt her chakra going out, afraid she could not finish the task until she felt hands on top of her. Looking up, she saw Naruto looking at her and gave her a nod.

"We older people believe that everything should stay the same. We can't accept that the world and way of shinobi are evolving and our ways are old. I believed peace could never be between villages with bad blood for ages, but today you have proved me wrong. So in my final hour, I want to do something right finally. Naruto, do an older woman a favor, would you; You and Gaara share the pain of being jinchuriki and hated. Please look after him and take care of him." Chiyo said, a smile gracing her lips and closing her eyes for the last time.

"Of course Chiyo-sama." She was told by Naruto, who is holding Chiyo in her last moments.

The once lifeless body of Gaara started to twitch and groan, with his eyes slowly opening like butterflies for takeoff.

"Welcome back, Gaara," Naruto said with a small smile.

"Naruto." He said, taking a good look at Naruto.

Gaara then looked at Chiyo in Naruto's arms and was about to ask until Naruto replied.

"She gave up her life so you could lead future generations; she believed in you and us."

Gaara widened his eyes in surprise that the woman who had made him a jinchuriki would give up her life for him.

Naruto put out his hand to help Gaara up and put his arm around his neck to give Gaara support to lean on.

"Let us bow our heads in respect for the sacrifice Chiyo-sama has made," Gaara said.

Everyone had lowered their heads for a minute in honor of Chiyo and then returned to Suna.

The journey back to Sunagakure was mainly silent. When they reached Suna's gates, the village was full of life. More than Gaara had ever seen it. It left Gaara speechless at that point.

At the gate, the patrolling Suna Shinobi shouted, " Kazekage-sama." Temari turned her head towards the sound and saw the small group of people and Gaara.

"You had us worried, Gaara," Temari said with a smile walking up to him and hugging him, catching Gaara off guard.

"Thank you.." Temari silently mouthed Naruto and his team, and Naruto just smiled at her.

They had Chiyo's funeral the same day they returned and after! The Konoha teams and Naruto were at the gates, preparing to return. Gaara had a slight smile on his face as he looked at Naruto.

"Looks like I am in your debt again, my friend," Gaara said.

"Friends have no debt Gaara," Naruto said. Gaara and Naruto hugged each other.

As the group began to walk, Temari approached Naruto and hugged him before kissing him and saying, "Thank you." Naruto blushed at this, and Temari blushed as well.

Naruto and his team began walking toward Konoha when Gaara exclaimed, "I think I found my brother-in-law's sister." Gaara said to Temari as her face turned tomato red.

As the Konoha team started their journey toward the Fire Nation.

-----------------------------

Naruto and his team were successful in saving Garra from the Akatsuki.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.