Chapter 18: Confusion begins!

The next day morning, Kabir woke up due to the drill bell, Ronnie and Kabir quickly got up and came to the general bathplace. There all the cadets were lined up. They saw both of them come there.

Shobit: Arre sab side ho jao! Vikram next wale me chale jana! Sir! Aap please jaiye na!

Shobhit, a senior cadet told to Kabir. Vikram was the next person to enter the cubicle. Vikram also gave way, everyone started treating Kabir as spacial. Kabir was quite impressed by the way everyone was treating him. He went to inside the cubicle and closed the door. Ronnie stood outside, everyone gave way for him as well.

Vikram: Yaar aaj aisa kya hua ki Rajveer sir ko boys hostel aana pada..unke yaha ka bathroom ko kya hua?

Shobhit: Pata nahi..par jo bhi hai Rajveer sir ko humesha comfortable rakhna chahiye..aur phir unke sath yeh banda aaya hai na,  isiliye is ko bhi pehle jaane de!

Vikram: Theek hai! Jaane dete hai..waise bhi Rajveer sir ke liye anything!

Ronnie heard their conversation and controlled his laughter, he knew if he didn't want to queue up, then he had to act as if he didn't hear them. Sunny cane from behind and managed to meet Ronnie, all the cadets looked at him.

Sunny: Oye Ronnie, yeh sab aise kyu dekh rahe hai humme?

Ronnie: Kuch nahi Sunny..accha ja line me lag jaa..time lag jayega par hum dono wait kar lenge tera..

Sunny: Theek hai ji..

Then from the other line, Dhruv, another senior cadet stopped Sunny.

Dhruv: Aap mere jagah aa jaiye! Mai waise bhi next hu jaane me, aap meri jagah jaiye phir mai aapke next chala jaunga! Please come!

Sunny smiled and went to the next line. Sunny felt very special, he didn't know what confusion was going on. He happily went inside when the other cadet came out all ready for training. The third line had Alekh standing in the front and followed by the other 3, Ali, Yudi and Hooda. Rajveer came there, but he stood mainly near the entrance, away from everyone's eyes. He smiled and like the way the cadets were giving importance to the KKN reporters. He saw Manav walk there and see the line. Manav spotted Rajveer standing, all ready and made his way there.

Manav: Arre wah Kabir Sahab! Aap toh naha dhoke tayar bhi ho gaye hai! Chaliye ab mai bhi lag jaata hua line pe! Aur waise Good morning!

Rajveer: Aapko bhi good morning!

Manav was too sleepy to taunt Kabir, umm I mean Rajveer! 😂 Rajveer looked at Manav fully confused! He understood that Manav had just mistaken him for Kabir. He smiled. Ali turned around in order to stretch a little and saw Rajveer standing there. Rajveer signaled him to come there.

Ali: Yudi bhai, zara humara jagah bachana..hum bas abhi aaye!

Yudi: Okay man! Anything!

Ali left the line and came to Rajveer. He was about to salute but Rajveer stopped him! As his salute would make noise and everyone will start seeing that side.

Rajveer: Ali, yaha jo do boys hai abhi line me lage hue, unko bhi jaldi se tayar hone bhej do, line me sabse aage lagake..and by the way, bohot accha laga kaise sab inn sabko treat kar rahe ho!

Ali giggled a little. Rajveer looked at him confused. Then the door opened the Kabir came out and Ronnie went inside. Rajveer understood and he joined Ali and laughed a little, but quietly.

Rajveer: Samajh gaya par aise hi act karna throughout inn logo ke sath, inge thoda zyada importance dena hoga humme..aur please yeh ek bechara line me laga hai, issko Alekh se baat karke aage lagva do aur jaldi se jaane do!

Ali: Ok sir! Ho jayega!

Rajveer: Great!

Ali left and went to Alekh. Alekh was ready to barge inside as soon as the cadet comes out. Ali knew it might be a little difficult to make him understand, but maybe if he said that Rajveer himself told then Alekh might not fight.

Ali: Guru, dekhiye aap gussa mat hona par Rajveer sir ne kaha hai ki woh jo aaye hai unhe pehle jaane diya jaye..

Alekh: Theek hai..Rajveer sir ne kaha hai toh theek hai..waise toh mujhe inn logo ki koi madad karne ka mann hai nahi jab se pata chala hai ki woh doosra shaana, Rajveer sir ka bhai ne kya kiya Rajveer sir ke sath..par agar Rajveer sir khud bol rahe hai toh kya kare..le aa uss bande ko jaane de dunga!

Ali smiled and invited Manav in the front of the line. Manav smiled and loved the gesture. The cadet came out and Manav went inside. Till now all, Kabir, Ronnie and Sunny were ready and Rajveer had left already. Alekh looked at Kabir and and turned to the other side.

Ali: Yeh aap kya kar rahe hai Alekh bhai! Aisa karenge toh logo ko pata chal jayega ki humme inn dono ke beech ka past pata hai..

Alekh: Ha toh!

Ali: Aap bhool gaye ki Naina ne apne letter me kya likha tha?! Usme likha tha na ki kisi ko na batana aur na hi pata chalne dena ki humme kuch maloom hai! Toh!

Alekh normalized his behaviour and looked forward to the cubicle door. The day before this, after Naina got to know about Rajveer and Kabir, she never got time away from everyone to tell her friends about everything. In night she told Pooja and they had somehow given a letter to the boys. The letter had every detail of their story. Naina had sent the letter with special instructions to not tell anyone else about it and to burn the letter after reading. The 4 boys followed the instructions, thus they knew what the matter was between both Kabir and Rajveer. Soon an orderly came there.

Orderly: Attention! Aap 1st year cadets ke on feild officer air commanding officer temporarily Major Nair se Captain Rajveer ban chuke hai!

All the 1st year cadets celebrated! Kabir saw how happy they were on hearing that Rajveer was their commanding officer. The other cadets realized that the person they thought to be Rajveer was actually the reporter that had come! Manav came out and saw Alekh and everyone else happy. He smiled and made his way to the other reporters.

Manav: Itni khushi kyu ho rahi hai inn sab logo ko?

Kabir: Good morning Manav bhai!

Manav: Arre Kabir Sahab kitni baar good morning bolenge aap mujhe? Morning me sirf ek baar good morning karna theek lagta hai, baar baar nahi!

Kabir just looked at Manav. He quite clearly remembers that this was their first meet since morning. Then he realized that Manav might have met Rajveer and assumed him to be Kabir!

Kabir: Chaliye phir hum chalte hai, jaldi se apna camera le lo Sunnh aur Ronnie aur Manav bhai chaliye hum thoda stretches kar lete hai! Nahi toh seedhe bohot saari exercise ho jayegi hummari!

Kabir and the others left to their rooms. On his way to his room, Kabir was stopped by Major Nair.

Major Nair: Captain, aapko iss change ke baare me kuch pata tha?

Kabir looked blankly at Major Nair. Nair just looked at him, slowly his anger was boiling. Especially seeing mo response from Rajveer..umm I mean Kabir!

Kabir: Sir mai Kabir Sharma hu, reporter..so I don't know anything..

Major Nair: Oh sorry..please continue with your work..

He left from there. Kabir just smiled. He had missed a little how people used to confuse between him and Rajveer when they were small, that time it was their voice though..