Chapter VIII: Act XIV

En başından başla

Eymen gulped. "I, uh... W–Well..." He trailed off.

"Someone who chooses to do business with a group like that really can't afford to get so flustered the instant someone confronts them about it. Consider the meal compensation for our silence – I'd say you're getting an excellent deal," Alhaitham states before walking off.

"C'mon, let's follow after him!" (F/n) exclaimed as they snatched both Aether and (Y/n)'s wrists before the two males could talk with Paimon, and dragged them in the direction of where they saw Alhaitham head in.

✧˖*°࿐

"Wait up! ...It's "Alhaitham", right?" Paimon asked as she and her companions caught up to the male they went after.

Alhaitham stared at the group with a raised brow. "What do you want?" He questioned.

Aether gave a gentle smile. "Thank you for your help back there," he thanked.

Alhaitham hummed. "No need for thanks. My goal was to get to them, and you four gave me just the opportunity I needed. We're even." Alhaitham then made a sound of silent realization. "Oh, I advise you to keep your distance from them. Since they weren't able to make off with your mora in the end, they might harass you again in the future."

A sigh then escaped the dendro user's lips. "Alright, goodbye."

"Hold your horses! We still have something to ask you about." Paimon exclaimed in a hurried tone, "Since you tore through their scam right in front of them, you must know the real story about a... certain something, no?" She asked.

Alhaitham looked at the group of four, his eyes narrowing on the exposed tattoo that the (H/c)-haired male didn't seem to notice.

'So, he truly is back. Asmodeus, the only god-like being that many looked up to... possibly created and raised by Greater Lord Rukkhadevata, herself. Interesting.' Alhaitham thought as a small smirk slipped onto his lips.

"Who exactly are you four?" Alhaitham asked.

"We're students from the Akademiya," Aether lied.

Alhaitham chuckled. "Students? Heh, right. Look, you should know that those thugs conducting "business" with you had nothing to do with your lie," he replied.

"We know a thing or two about swordplay and archery," Aether points out.

Paimon's eyes brightened in realization.  "Huh? Oh, yeah! They're really strong! Weren't you saying something about a "physical exchange"? We can help with that," she chirped.

Alhaitham gave a look of disbelief. "He doesn't even have a vision. Forget it," he scoffed.

Paimon smirked. "Maybe not, but he can still use elemental energy! Otherwise, there's no way we'd go asking for info from Ayn Al... Al... hmm, from guys like that!" She retorted while badly butchering the name, "Those hot-headed thugs are definitely gonna bring back up for your next meeting. Even if you don't go alone, you won't regret taking us with you!"

Alhaitham looked at the group of four in front of him. "Hmm..." He hummed.

"Uhh..." Paimon murmured as she shrunk backward a little, sweat dripping down the side of her face.

Alhaitham closed his eyes for a quick moment before nodding and holding his hand out. "Alright, I accept. Got a pen and paper? If you're searching for someone who sells that kind of merchandise, I'll give you one of their addresses, and you can try your luck."

'Dori! It's Dori, isn't it? Fuck, how did I survive  the story by skipping and ignoring the dialogue?' (F/n) thought as they ignored the information that was being exchanged.