Chapter III: Act V

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Warm Welcoming
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

After a day and a half of walking, (Y/n) was currently standing in front of the Dawn Winery.

"I am here, and somehow still fucking alive... nice." (Y/n) snickered, remembering the times when he fell several hills just to get here.

The (H/c)ette and Xiao had parted ways an hour or two ago so it hasn't been too long since he finally left the borders of Liyue and entered Mondstadt.

"Should I enter it the casual way or... yeah, I'm not getting in trouble for kicking down a door. I could go through a window since doors are for losers, oh well."

(Y/n) lifted a hand and knocked on the door twice.

Movement was heard inside the building before the door opened.

"Yes?" A female's voice asked with a curious look on her face.

(Y/n) gave a warm smile. "I got invited here for Diluc's party? I got here a few days early so I hope you don't mind," he answered.

The maid blinked before giving a look of understanding. "You must be (Y/n), right? Lord Ragnvindr warned us that you would be visiting," she replied.

(Y/n) mentally sighed in relief at that. If the maids didn't know who he was, then he was fucked in a way.

The maid then opened the door fully, urging the pre-teen into the building. "Please do come in, I shall get Lord Ragnvindr." She states with a bow before heading off upstairs.

(Y/n) wiped whatever pebbles and dust he had on the bottom of his shoes as he closed the door behind him.

Looking around, the (H/c)ette sucked in a breath at the short memories he had here.

"It's been so long," (Y/n) whispered with a sad smile dancing upon his lips.

Footsteps captured the pre-teen's attention, causing him to look up and over, noticing Crepus.

Crepus' eyes widened a bit before smiling in relief. "It's nice to see you again, (Y/n)." He greeted.

(Y/n) responded with a grin. "It's nice to see you too," he replied.

Crepus then turned towards his maid who stood right behind him. "Please find both Diluc and Kaeya, and bring them in."

The maid bowed and once again left to find the two teenagers that lived at the Dawn Winery.

Crepus chuckled lightly as he urged the (H/c)ette to follow him.

"How are you doing? Living in Liyue must've been quite a challenge for the first year or two," Crepus asked.

(Y/n) nervously laughed, remembering the two overprotective figures that were waiting for him back in Liyue.

"It's been great over there. Scared me a bit, but I got used to it." (Y/n) answered, lying a bit.

Crepus nodded his head while sitting down on a cushioned seat.

"Please do sit, Kaeya and Diluc should be here soon." Crepus retorted.

(Y/n) nodded his head and sat down across from the red-haired man.

"Do you know how the Fatui found you and your mother? If you don't mind me asking, of course." Crepus asked.

(Y/n) waved the other off. "I don't remember much of that day, but I think they were originally going to ambush us." He answered honestly.

Crepus hummed lightly, rubbing gently at the small beard on his chin.

"You're fourteen now, right? Wow... it's been quite some time since you've been over here," he chuckled.

(Y/n) gave a strained smile and nodded. "Yep," he replied.

Crepus' eyes then turned towards the front door that dared to open and silence the short conversation.

The (H/c)ette leaned back and took notice of two familiar figures that came walking in with the maid behind the two.

"Father, did you need something?" Diluc curiously asked, wondering why he and Kaeya were told to stop training outside and come inside due to the orders of his father.

Crepus gave the two a small stink eye. "You're not going to give our guest a welcome?" He scolded softly.

Kaeya and Diluc shared a look of confusion before realizing who sat right across from their father.

Kaeya's eye widened when he realized who it was and started to flush due to the shyness he felt.

Diluc took a few seconds to make connections of who it was and grinned. "(Y/n), is that you?" He asked.

(Y/n) grinned a bit and waved. "Hi... Diluc and Kaeya," he retorted.

Crepus watched his sons' eyes sparkle and brighten up a bit. This amused him greatly since neither of them would shut up about the (H/c)ette.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were in Liyue!" Diluc exclaimed.

(Y/n) sweatdropped and smiled nervously. "Well, your dad and I have been sending letters back and forth during my time away from you guys, and gave me an extremely early invitation to your birthday."

Diluc blanked at hearing that before smiling brightly with a look of understanding.

Crepus then waved his sons over. "Both of you sit, I'm pretty sure the three of you want to catch up," he states.

'Does he think I want to talk with them? This bitch, ever heard of anxiety or being an introvert? Supposedly not.' (Y/n) mentally deadpanned.

If the (H/c)ette was right, there was possibly a way to save Crepus despite having the chance to still cause Diluc to go into depression and cause Kaeya to become flirty.

Kaeya sat down, fidgeting with his fingers and keeping his head low, his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

He knew how the pre-teen was half Khaenri'ah due to the star-like pupils that the (H/c)ette shared with him, but they were from different families, thankfully.

Diluc smirked. "Has anyone caught your attention?" He asked, giving a side glance to Kaeya who seemed both curious and nervous at (Y/n)'s answer.

(Y/n) blinked at the question.

Crepus sweatdropped at his oldest son but sighed before excusing himself and leaving the room.

The (H/c)ette stared at the duo with a dot-eyed expression.

"I- What? No." (Y/n) sputtered out with a cough.

Kaeya's eye shimmered with relief as his shoulders relaxed.

Diluc nodded his head happily. "That's good. You probably captured other people's attention, though." He retorted.

(Y/n) then instantly realized what the fuck was happening.

'Alright, which brother has a fucking crush on me?' (Y/n) mused in disappointment and fear.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝